Ordained minister

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Re: Ordained minister

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:44 am

I'm going to have to get my ordained minister certificate before Sunday when I ordain my son as the youngest LDS Priest ever in our local ward.

Then he should be covered if one of the 3 proves to be a false religion created by a narcissistic opportunist who figured a way to bed his female congregationalists.

"By the power of the Melchizedek Priesthood which I hold, and supplemented by the Dudeist Priesthood certificate I bought, as well as the Flying Spaghetti Monster appendages which love and cherish all humankind regardless of race, region, sexual preferences, and all other manners of wrongful discrimination, we lay our hands upon your head and present you before God, angels, and these witnesses that you are a totally awesome kid! Now go and learn the things that you are passionate about and always ask why! In the name of the Dude, the Noodly Creator, and even Jesus Christ, Ramen!!!"
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

So am I, now. This thread inspired me to become a dudeist minister. :mrgreen:

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Just This Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm
I have heard of people becoming ordained ministers for Church of the Latterday Dude.

Ordination looks pretty easy. Fill out a form and they will e-mail you the certificate, and your good to go.
https://dudeism.com/ordination-form/
Excellent. Now I'm an ordained minister of two churches. I guess I have a new hobby
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm

We should organize a ministerial retreat.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm

This reminds me of my grandpa in WWII during the occupation of Japan, he became friends with a Shinto priest who insisted on performing a Shinto wedding ceremony for him and my grandma back home (I guess it works even if she wasn't there) Grandpa joked that he was covered by both eastern and western religions.

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm
We should organize a ministerial retreat.
For sure.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

I think that's cool, FiveFingerMnemonic.

PK