Lunch With Fellow NOMies

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Re: Lunch With Fellow NOMies

Post by deacon blues » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Dang it, I spaced the lunch. It slipped my mind. If I can use age as an excuse I will (I’m a month shy of 63. Anyway, sorry. I hope the lunch was fun.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 pm

So jealous!

I'm glad Illinois is not a hotbed of Mormonism, but it would be nice to meet up with some of you.

Hope it was a great time for all that went!

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm
Dang it, I spaced the lunch. It slipped my mind. If I can use age as an excuse I will (I’m a month shy of 63. Anyway, sorry. I hope the lunch was fun.
Missed you Deacon! We had one more seat at the table that was empty.
SIWL wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:44 pm
I’m in😀👌🏽. Looking forward to it!!
SIWL - Here's a link to Rubin and Ed
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h2Z4Xr ... sp=sharing
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm

It was nice meeting some of you. Hopefully we can get a group together again soon.

SIWL

Post by SIWL » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:05 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm
deacon blues wrote:
SIWL wrote:

I felt I should return and report. That film Had some similarities to how I used to feel about church... it didn’t make much sense, it felt like a waste of time but was barely intriguing enough to stick with it for a couple hours, I was glad to have been finished, but looking back it was pretty funny and left me with lots quotes to use and some of them are useful. I feel I am now well on my way to “smashing into the brick wall of success”:). My analogy sucks, I’ll have to watch more conference talks so that I can brush up on my “take an everyday occurrence and mold it into a sensatiolized life lesson” skill.

Funny stuff RubinHighlander! Thanks for sharing.
Through our eyes, the universe is perceiving itself.

For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. ~ Carl Sagan

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:16 pm

SIWL wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:05 pm
RubinHighlander wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm
deacon blues wrote:
SIWL wrote:

I felt I should return and report. That film Had some similarities to how I used to feel about church... it didn’t make much sense, it felt like a waste of time but was barely intriguing enough to stick with it for a couple hours, I was glad to have been finished, but looking back it was pretty funny and left me with lots quotes to use and some of them are useful. I feel I am now well on my way to “smashing into the brick wall of success”:). My analogy sucks, I’ll have to watch more conference talks so that I can brush up on my “take an everyday occurrence and mold it into a sensatiolized life lesson” skill.

Funny stuff RubinHighlander! Thanks for sharing.
LOL! That's a great review SIWL.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE