If you think the Church has been fully restored...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

If you think the Church has been fully restored...

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Eat your vitamin pills and get your rest because it's going to be exciting!

Said the Prophet...

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... l-ministry
“If you think the Church has been fully restored, you're just seeing the beginning. There is much more to come. … Wait till next year. And then the next year. Eat your vitamin pills. Get your rest. It's going to be exciting.”
Said the Prophets Wife Wendy...
“He's not afraid to do something different,” said the prophet’s wife. “If we're really preparing the Church and the world for the Second Coming of the Savior, he is sincere about that. He doesn't want us spending money, time, energy on anything that isn't really focused on that. It's pretty stunning.”
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Stig

Re: If you think the Church has been fully restored...

Post by Stig » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Wow! Good thing he gave us that prophetic instruction about the using the PROPER name of the Church!!!!!

:lol:
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:46 am

This quote from Wendy sums up EXACTLY why there's no such thing as a prophet of God:
"“I have seen him changing in the last ten months,” said Sister Nelson. “It is as though he's been unleashed. He's free to finally do what he came to earth to do. … And also, he's free to follow through with things he's been concerned about but could never do. Now that he's president of [the Church], he can do those things.” "

She literally says point blank here that RMN is doing the things he always wanted to do but never had the power to do. How could it be more clear that he's not receiving the words of God but simply executing his own confirmation bias with policy now?

Brent

Post by Brent » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:58 am

There are two ways this can go: forward or backward.

Any bets?

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:05 am

I seriously thought this was a joke until I clicked the link. What a bunch of nutjobs.

jfro18 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:46 am
This quote from Wendy sums up EXACTLY why there's no such thing as a prophet of God:
"“I have seen him changing in the last ten months,” said Sister Nelson. “It is as though he's been unleashed. He's free to finally do what he came to earth to do. … And also, he's free to follow through with things he's been concerned about but could never do. Now that he's president of [the Church], he can do those things.” "

She literally says point blank here that RMN is doing the things he always wanted to do but never had the power to do. How could it be more clear that he's not receiving the words of God but simply executing his own confirmation bias with policy now?
That struck me as a very real and correct statement too.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am

Brent wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:58 am
There are two ways this can go: forward or backward.

Any bets?
How about both?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:11 pm

If the recent changes are a restoration from the primitive church that would mean:

Home teachers were called ministers in the early church.
There was a two hour block back in Christ's time.

Some of the changes actually are more like the primitive church:

They didn't use the name Mormon or LDS back in Christ's time.
They didn't have pageants back in Christ's time.
The early church didn't use the BSA as their Young Men's program.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Wow, so underwhelming.
President Nelson continued, “Now, we have millions in this South American continent. And it's not just numbers; it's strength, it's power, it's faith. It's almost palpable.”
Almost palpable? Ridiculous and silly would be a better words there.

Why the hell is he touting the big growth thing again? Did he not hear Cook change the narrative on that one?
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 pm

“If you think the Church has been fully restored, you're just seeing the beginning. There is much more to come. … Wait till next year. And then the next year. Eat your vitamin pills. Get your rest. It's going to be exciting.”
I wonder if an earlier version of this talk accidentally said, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

Seriously, the only way this is going to be exciting is if Priesthood holders start manifesting Jedi powers.

Brent

Post by Brent » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:25 am

Well, I have it on extremely good background that Mark Hoffman supplied the Church with the missing 116 pages which are being redacted as we converse. Why redacted you ask? The term "Trump of the Lord" appears several times and the 15 feel that it's too political.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:36 am

I'm getting the impression that Pres. Nelson was not a fan of Hinkley and Monson and that he is merely dancing on their graves.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:36 am
I'm getting the impression that Pres. Nelson was not a fan of Hinkley and Monson and that he is merely dancing on their graves.
Yep^^^ And he's paving the way for the complete clusterf&#k train wreck that awaits us when Oaks takes over.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

alas

Post by alas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:36 am
Reminds me of another president who is undoing everything his predecessor did just out of spite. Doesn’t make me respect him any.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Eat your vitamin pills and take a nap. Be sure to hit up the early bird specials. If the second coming happens after 5:00PM you can go out on a full stomach. Be sure you're wearing clean underwear. You look so much better with long hair. How can you read with the light so dim? Let me turn on a light for you. Put your teeth in and get ready for this wild ride.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Stig

Post by Stig » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 pm
I wonder if an earlier version of this talk accidentally said, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

Seriously, the only way this is going to be exciting is if Priesthood holders start manifesting Jedi powers.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:46 am

Who exactly was it who was leashing him? Tommy? Gordon?
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:07 pm

The Beast wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Who exactly was it who was leashing him? Tommy? Gordon?
Hinkley publicly slapped him down on the name of the church thing.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."