Resignation Submitted!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
RubinHighlander

Resignation Submitted!

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm

DW finally had enough. The trigger was finding out her nephew, who just left on his mission a few weeks ago, is now returning to deal with some unresolved issues and will have to wait 6 months. The boy's older brother had to come home early from his mission a few years ago and was publicly shamed by his TBM father, who forced him to call all his immediate family members to explain to them why he had to come home early (had sex and didn't disclose it before he left). These are super nice and well mannered boys. How the hell can an MTC president get away with molesting a sister missionary, but good young men like these get such a $hitty deal!?

Anyway, we logged onto https://quitmormon.com/ and within just a few minutes, have both our resignations submitted. We asked 17yr old daughter if she wanted her's submitted and she did, so that's it, three more off the records, hopefully in the next 30 days or less.

There's some risk our TBM moms will find out, but I think it's time and we'll just let that happen organically.

Cheers NOMies! I'll still visit you from time to time with further instructions and comments, but now I guess I've just entered the NoMO/ExMO category.

Also - I paid my ExMo tithing by donating $100 to QuitMormon
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

jfro18

Re: Resignation Submitted!

Post by jfro18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Congrats -- I hope to be joining you at some point in the future.

And I hope you hang around from time to time - this group seems much easier to hang around in after leaving than Reddit or even some other boards.

So glad to see QuitMormon put to use as well, and I'm sure the donation will help them in their divine mission. :)

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Congrats!
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Congrats!

Can you write a manual on "how to get your wife out?"

There's a few of us here who could really use it!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 pm
Congrats!

Can you write a manual on "how to get your wife out?"

There's a few of us here who could really use it!
Thanks Red! I've offered a few suggestions based on my experience, but when it comes down to it I'm just a lucky man I guess.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Lithium Sunset wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 pm
Congrats!
Thank you Lsunset!
jfro18 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm
Congrats -- I hope to be joining you at some point in the future.

And I hope you hang around from time to time - this group seems much easier to hang around in after leaving than Reddit or even some other boards.

So glad to see QuitMormon put to use as well, and I'm sure the donation will help them in their divine mission. :)
Thanks jfro!
--Douglas Adams

Ho Lee Turtle

Post by Ho Lee Turtle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm

I am happy for you, congrats. Please come back and visit us when you can, I enjoy the thoughts expressed in your posts. They have been very helpful to me in my own journey. Your various avatar pictures always make me smile. Much thanks to you and all the best on your future adventures. Perhaps our paths will cross in the great outdoors someday.

SIWL

Post by SIWL » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 am

CONGRATULATIONS RUBINHIGHLANDER!!!

Another example of the church losing some of the best. Also one of those family success stories that give so many of us hope for a better tomorrow ;)
Through our eyes, the universe is perceiving itself.

For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. ~ Carl Sagan

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:30 am

You know, at lunch yesterday I thought I saw a dark presence hanging over you. Now I understand.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 am

Congrats! It took 7 business days for mine to be processed. You may be a bit longer with the Thanksgiving holiday next week, but you defiantly should have it finalized by the end of the month.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 am
Congrats! It took 7 business days for mine to be processed. You may be a bit longer with the Thanksgiving holiday next week, but you defiantly should have it finalized by the end of the month.
Wow! That's good to hear. I expected about a month.
--Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:27 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:30 am
You know, at lunch yesterday I thought I saw a dark presence hanging over you. Now I understand.
I think that was because I had the Jalapeno Cream Ale instead of the Margarita of the day. :D
--Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:28 am

SIWL wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 am
CONGRATULATIONS RUBINHIGHLANDER!!!

Another example of the church losing some of the best. Also one of those family success stories that give so many of us hope for a better tomorrow ;)
Thanks NOM brother!
--Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am

Ho Lee Turtle wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm
I am happy for you, congrats. Please come back and visit us when you can, I enjoy the thoughts expressed in your posts. They have been very helpful to me in my own journey. Your various avatar pictures always make me smile. Much thanks to you and all the best on your future adventures. Perhaps our paths will cross in the great outdoors someday.
Thank you Turtle man. I still have a lot of TBM family and friends out there, so I don't plan on leaving the NOM family here anytime soon. Are you on IG? Shoot me a DM.
--Douglas Adams

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 am

Congratulations. I'm super jealous. RR asked for the how get your wife out manual-but I REALLY need the how to get your husband out version. PLEASE.
RubinHighlander wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm
These are super nice and well mannered boys. How the hell can an MTC president get away with molesting a sister missionary, but good young men like these get such a $hitty deal!?
Truer words were seldom spoken. If that MTC pres still being a member in good standing isn't proof Mormonism is a bunch of BS, I don't know what else is.

Linked

Post by Linked » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 am

Congrats RH! I hope you stick around with us here even though you've taken that huge step.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am
Ho Lee Turtle wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm
Thank you Turtle man. I still have a lot of TBM family and friends out there, so I don't plan on leaving the NOM family here anytime soon. Are you on IG? Shoot me a DM.
You better not leave us!!! What would we do with out you?

Congrats on your resignation though! :D
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

congrats!! I am happy for you, you lucky, lucky... person you.

crossmyheart

Post by crossmyheart » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Sincerely- it is nice to see that a regular on NOM gets a happy ending.

only in my dreams...

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:38 pm

What wonderful news!