Small exercise challenge for month of December

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Liberated Me

Small exercise challenge for month of December

Post by Liberated Me » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:11 pm

I posted this on Facebook and want to invite any of you to join in too. Let me know if you're in. Also, if someone wants to keep this thread alive we can support each other through our avatars instead of FB. Either way, let's do this!!!

Join the CHALLENGE
Elevate Your Heart❤️ for 10

I became inspired by a friend from my yoga training group last year who decided to run a mile every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas to build some healthy habits over the holiday season. It's been over a year now and he has not missed a day!!! Way to go Scott! For the month of December I am making it a goal to elevate my heart for AT LEAST 10 minutes every day. I thought I would invite many of you to join me we can post pictures and thoughts and encourage each other in a separate FB group. Comment below or send me a private message if you want to join.
P.S. Everyone who successfully completes the month-long-challenge will have their name entered into a drawing for prizes. I will donate a copy of my children's book, Tiny Pine Above Tree Line. Also, if they are a local winner they win a weekend use of our canoe or snowshoes! It is a potluck prize winning. Nobody is required to donate but if you want to offer something for the winner, it is encouraged.

Who's in??
“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” ~Nelson Mandela~
"Judging others does not define them, it defines you ...."
~Wayne Dyer~

Corsair

Re: Small exercise challenge for month of December

Post by Corsair » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Liberated Me wrote:I posted this on Facebook and want to invite any of you to join in too. Let me know if you're in. Also, if someone wants to keep this thread alive we can support each other through our avatars instead of FB. Either way, let's do this!!!

Join the CHALLENGE
Elevate Your Heart❤️ for 10
This is a great idea for a month that has sky high expectations and often will disappoint when someone else's idea of the Christmas spirit clashes with our own. I'm already one of those smug, condescending individuals that hits a gym everyday, but perhaps I can add some running on my lazy weekends.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:53 pm

What are snow shoes?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Liberated Me

Post by Liberated Me » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Red Ryder wrote:What are snow shoes?
Seriously? Okay, I'll assume you really want to know. ;-)
Snowshoes are devices that can be strapped to your winter boots that make your footprint at least doubled in width and 75% longer. by doing this, your weight is then distributed over a larger surface area (decreasing the pounds per square inch) and you are more successful at walking on top of the crusted snow for hiking in the winter. I am not sure if you were joking with me or not. If I remember correctly, you live in Arizona, so I will give you a pass. :-)

And Corsair, good job with the regular exercise! I'm glad you'll consider joining us!
“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” ~Nelson Mandela~
~Wayne Dyer~

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:56 am

In Florida, we call those water skis. :shock:

Corsair is super buff and ripped. Schwarzeneggeresque. Now it makes sense!

Liberated Me

Post by Liberated Me » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:34 am

Red Ryder wrote:In Florida, we call those water skis. :shock:

Corsair is super buff and ripped. Schwarzeneggeresque. Now it makes sense!
Ha! Okay, Floridians get a pass too.

Join the challenge and you can be a Richard Simmonsesque sidekick to Gov. Schwarzenegger!
~Wayne Dyer~

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Red Ryder wrote:Corsair is super buff and ripped. Schwarzeneggeresque. Now it makes sense!
Corsair is super lazy and his preferred workout routine is lifting a bag of chips while watching Netflix. But for one pathetic hour of the day he pretends to be in shape by repeatedly picking up heavy things then putting them back down. After wheezing with labored breath he stumbles into a shower then shakily gets dressed in clothes that don't smell literally like gym socks.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:52 pm

No, no, it's Netflix and Chill. Not Netflix and chips!

That's what happens after you've been married to a mormon too long and they never take their garments off!

Sorry for the thread jack.

I'll join your exercise challenge and report my labors of each day. Starting tomorrow.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Count me in. This may finally get me back on track. I've been a lug since I had my knee surgery...
So what do you do, with good old boys like me?

Evil_Bert

Post by Evil_Bert » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm in. This may even motivate me for my workout tomorrow. 100 burpees is worse than stake conference.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Liberated Me

Post by Liberated Me » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:02 am

Right on! Should we make a general goal to report in every few days to each other? I'll shoot for that.

And to the rest of you...feel free to join in even if you didn't on the first of the month! :-)
~Wayne Dyer~

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm in! Flying home now.
I'll report in a few day too. I'd like to do Insanity for the high and then maybe grab some p90x moves to use weights. I also just bought some protein powder (even though it's not paleo) and then I want to eat more Paleoish(will still eat rice and oatmeal).

Great idea to get through Christmas (I'm also in a contest but no time to go into it)
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Liberated Me

Post by Liberated Me » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Dec. 1- I just barely managed to exercise at 11:30 PM. I hopped on the exercise bike for 12 minutes after an exhausting day. Substitute teaching high school Spanish wore. me. out.
Dec. 2 After meeting at a coffee shop with a friend who told me how her meeting with one of the seventies (that is for another post at another time) I felt invigorated from my peppermint mocha and went to the gym and hopped on the lateral-elliptical machine for 20 minutes and then over to the weights.
December 3, I haven't gone yet but we have a few inches of lovely snow and I'm taking the kids cross-country-skiing after lunch. :-)

How are all of you doing?
~Wayne Dyer~

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:03 pm

I wasn't going to join in because I knew there was no way I would do it every day, but I have managed to do it three days in a row! An hour long speed walk, hour long bike ride with the kids, and an hour of dance. I don't expect to do anything tomorrow. Sundays are always terrible for any kind of physical exercise. And it's the day my mental state could use it most.

Liberated Me

Post by Liberated Me » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:00 pm

MerrieMiss wrote:I wasn't going to join in because I knew there was no way I would do it every day, but I have managed to do it three days in a row! An hour long speed walk, hour long bike ride with the kids, and an hour of dance. I don't expect to do anything tomorrow. Sundays are always terrible for any kind of physical exercise. And it's the day my mental state could use it most.
Awesome! Glad you joined us and yes tailor the challenge to meet your schedule and goals. Keep it going!
~Wayne Dyer~

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:25 pm

Does brushing your teeth count? Vigorously?

Day 1: walked the dog 1.1 miles.
Day 2: walked the dog 1.1 miles.
Day 3: Mexican food and margaritas! Dance dance revolution on the wii with the teenagers.

Liberated Me

Post by Liberated Me » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:41 am

Just checking in with all of you. How is the exercise going?
I've gone to the gym, hit the cardio for 20 minutes and then to the weights for the 3 previous days. Today i was distracted by a bank robber scrambling around our street after he bailed from his car that got stuck in the snow after a chase. Police and flashing lights were everywhere (and they got him after 3 hours) I hunkered down with my black lab, caught up on 4 days worth of dishes :-/ and finally at 10:00 PM I hopped on the exercise bike for 20 minutes
Red Ryder wrote:Does brushing your teeth count? Vigorously?
Day 3: Mexican food and margaritas! Dance dance revolution on the wii with the teenagers.
RR- vigorous teeth brushing can damage gums, so I thing some vigorous cha-cha dancing on the wii is better.
~Wayne Dyer~

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:31 am

I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of an Alaskan bank robber being chased by a Barney Fife like police crew in snow shoes running around Mayberry. :D

Then my mind wonders what 4 days of dishes looks like with a mormon background. Does she have 12 kids? 4 days times 3 meals a day times 15 people is a load of dishes.

Then I realize it's like 19 kids and counting which reminds me I've DVR'd a few episodes that I need to watch. So I turn on the TV and sit down to watch and all I can wonder is how the last 12 kids didn't just walk out of her clown car of a vagina.

Now I'm kind of feeling sick to my stomach from eating a whole bag of popcorn while watching 19 uber religious people on TV, that exercise is the last thing on my mind.

So to return and report, days 4 - 9 were failures!

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:01 am

Liberated Me wrote:Just checking in with all of you. How is the exercise going?
I've gone to the gym, hit the cardio for 20 minutes and then to the weights for the 3 previous days. Today i was distracted by a bank robber scrambling around our street after he bailed from his car that got stuck in the snow after a chase. Police and flashing lights were everywhere (and they got him after 3 hours) I hunkered down with my black lab, caught up on 4 days worth of dishes :-/ and finally at 10:00 PM I hopped on the exercise bike for 20 minutes.
Your bank robber story is delightful. Maybe he should have concentrated on cardio.

I am still hitting the gym everyday primarily so I can justify being really lazy the other 23 hours of the the day.

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 am

I'm very late, but be in anyway.

Great idea, LM!
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut