Updates on Brother Jake?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Updates on Brother Jake?

Post by Hagoth » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 am

The header of the latest Infants on Thrones episode says "Our beloved “Brother Jake” suffered a sudden, serious cardiac event on November 28 and remains in intensive care."

Yikes. Updates?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Re: Updates on Brother Jake?

Post by Hagoth » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:43 am

Reply to self:

I found this on Reddit:

"Today was a break from many procedures. Lungs are improving as the pneumonia seems to be waning (as CT scans show). Heart is improving as well. He has been more responsive with some eye-tracking and hand-squeezing. Medical team is hopeful, but still not out of the woods."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am

Thanks for the update!!! I love Brother Jake!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Bumping this to see if anyone has news.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:25 pm
Bumping this to see if anyone has news.
Last update from reddit was 4 days ago from his brother:
He's still in critical condition. We're not sure how much his brain was affected; time will tell. Right now we are just hoping and praying for his brain to light up.
I don't see anything new on FaceNeck, except rumors that he's now awake...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

Who taught you how to hate?