from Reddit: Both Pills

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
græy

from Reddit: Both Pills

Post by græy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 am

Saw this on reddit and laughed. I wanted to share.
To all our NOM friends. (with love.) XD

Original Link: Reddit
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Red Ryder

Re: from Reddit: Both Pills

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am

I love Chino_Blanco's comment over there.
I once tried taking both pills. The ensuing synesthesia was amazing. I was suddenly smelling nuance and tasting the word Uchtdorf.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 am

This one made me laugh, then cry, then laugh again.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 am

Purple Pills? YUMMY!!!

(Not really. :x )
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 am
Purple Pills? YUMMY!!!
Actually purple gummies in the shapes of Bushman, the Givenses, etc. They recently had a recall to remove the Bill Reel shaped gummies.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am
wtfluff wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 am
Purple Pills? YUMMY!!!
Actually purple gummies in the shapes of Bushman, the Givenses, etc. They recently had a recall to remove the Bill Reel shaped gummies.
And I believe the UT legislature (or was it LDS-Inc.?) just passed a law that says all gummies must now be odorless, flavorless and colorless. To protect the young-un's you know?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 am

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:46 pm
odorless, flavorless and colorless. To protect the young-un's you know?
That would be the two-hour block.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 am
wtfluff wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:46 pm
odorless, flavorless and colorless. To protect the young-un's you know?
That would be the two-hour block.
I think that would be closer to a half hour of singing one hymn, taking the sacrament, then going home.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am

I take three pills every day. Whenever I study I still ask myself, if the Church was true would this (various topic) make sense? If Christianity was true would this (topic) make sense? If materialism/deism/atheism was true would this (topic) make sense? It's called exploring the marketplace of ideas. Generally, Materialism makes the most sense, but I love the Christian Story and perspective. The LDS world view is appealing because it helps me empathize with my family and friends.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 am

deacon blues wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am
I take three pills every day. Whenever I study I still ask myself, if the Church was true would this (various topic) make sense? If Christianity was true would this (topic) make sense? If materialism/deism/atheism was true would this (topic) make sense? It's called exploring the marketplace of ideas. Generally, Materialism makes the most sense, but I love the Christian Story and perspective. The LDS world view is appealing because it helps me empathize with my family and friends.
Sorry I should google this on my own, but Deacon, how would you describe Materialism? A spiritual concept or consumer goods and retail therapy concept?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Hilarious stuff, ya'll. The two pills are better than acid! If it didn't have the devil's tongue of profanity attached to it, I'd make it the wallpaper of my phone for all the fam to see.

I love this place, and how we can make fun of ourselves.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Mormorrisey wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 pm
The two pills are better than acid! If it didn't have the devil's tongue of profanity attached to it, I'd make it the wallpaper of my phone for all the fam to see.
There are dozens of free websites where you can create your own and use appropriate LDS-Inc. approved profanity. (I fetchin' promise!)

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 am
deacon blues wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am
Sorry I should google this on my own, but Deacon, how would you describe Materialism? A spiritual concept or consumer goods and retail therapy concept?
I should clarify that. I mean Materialism in the sense that visible world is all there is, there is no spirit world or life after death.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:25 am

Those were pills? I thought they were candy and I was hungry.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams