Spouseman went to a baptism

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Thoughtful

Spouseman went to a baptism

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:07 pm

The EQ President asked what our family needs. Spouseman said nothing, that church policies and practices around abuse aren't safe for us to attend and make his family dangerous by empowering their denial. EQP listened.

The RSP was horrified at the song choice (BOM Stories with actions). Spouseman during next to her made a joke about appropriation and she laughed out loud during the song.

She told him she and her sister miss me at church, because I would always push back against the nonsense.

Maybe I'll let her come visit. I did like her. Church is still toxic and made up.

IT_Veteran

Re: Spouseman went to a baptism

Post by IT_Veteran » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Man, I thought they’d taken BoM Stories out of the Children’s Songbook by now.

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:07 pm
Maybe I'll let her come visit. I did like her. Church is still toxic and made up.
There are two “sisters” I keep in touch with and see now and then. I like them too. One of them still invites me to stuff even though she knows how I feel. I just politely decline.

You could always meet her on equal footing- go out to lunch instead of having her come over.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Linked

Post by Linked » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:23 pm

The former primary chorister used to have the kids sing that one. I couldn't sing along. I kept thinking about the way the church changed their claim that the lamanites were the ancestors of the native americans. But were slow and sneaky about it so no one would notice. And how offensive the song is.

The RSP sounds nice. Maybe she is one of the mormons who are capable of having real relationships in spite of the ulterior motive of building the kingdom.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut