Happy I'm Sick!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
hmb

Happy I'm Sick!

Post by hmb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 am

How odd to be happy I feel like crap. I haven't had a cold/flu in many years, but yesterday I was hit pretty hard. The bonus is, I have a true excuse to skip church. I don't want to spread this joy of germs. I did spread it last night at the Christmas party. Man this ward is hurting for membership.

I would blame my illness on last week's church attendance with contaminated broken bread, but I didn't take any :lol: .

I find it funny and sad to be thankful to my HF for being sick today so I can skip out on going to His house :roll: .

Now if I just didn't feel so crappy :cry: , I could have some fun.

Hagoth

Re: Happy I'm Sick!

Post by Hagoth » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 am

Curb your enthusiasm. Right now someone is praying "bless those who aren't here this week that they will be here next week."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:14 am

Hagoth wrote:Curb your enthusiasm. Right now someone is praying "bless those who aren't here this week that they will be here next week."
ImageImage
I love our vain repetitions. My kids favorite seems to be "thankful for the temple and the scriptures" with absolutely no conscious thought given for what that means.

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Over half the pews empty today but they opened the overflow anyway. One couple sat wayyyy in the back by themselves.

Get well!

græy

Post by græy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am

hmb wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 am
How odd to be happy I feel like crap. I haven't had a cold/flu in many years, but yesterday I was hit pretty hard. The bonus is, I have a true excuse to skip church.

This was me this past weekend too. The only real downside of the deal was that I was home taking care of two sick kiddos too.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 am
Curb your enthusiasm. Right now someone is praying "bless those who aren't here this week that they will be here next week."
I'd just like to bare my personal witness that those prayers don't work. (thank the goddess :lol: )
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 pm

It's a rare Mormon that will publicly state how sad they would be if they had to have a shorter church. And it's far too easy to hear an active Mormon be relieved at getting to have church end early or have a "valid" reason to skip church.

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:30 pm

græy wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
hmb wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 am
How odd to be happy I feel like crap. I haven't had a cold/flu in many years, but yesterday I was hit pretty hard. The bonus is, I have a true excuse to skip church.

This was me this past weekend too. The only real downside of the deal was that I was home taking care of two sick kiddos too.
I've had those Sundays. Is it bad that even in those circumstances I consider it a win?

hmb

Post by hmb » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:43 am

:P Perhaps Karma is real. I just returned (now reporting) from my real life in Ohio. Coffee at the house, Sunday a regular day, no worship or prayers to a meany old God (that for some reason has decided to be less condescending to women in the temple :?:, which I'm sure changes things for all us women folk). Just days of sawing logs (literally; I got a chainsaw for Christmas), running around the local towns, sewing, margaritas at the local (five miles away) Mexican joint, and living life. Now I'm back at dad's house. Here is where the Karma comes in. My car quit, today is Sunday and I get to attend church with my dad. This means I go 20 minutes early AND stay for the whole thing. I know it's an hour shorter, yay, but now I have to talk to people. I'm worried that my dad is going to plan home study on Sundays. Kill me now. His Internet service also resets every day and renders it useless from 3 am until whenever someone resets it (I know nothing about tech). I get up early, usually about 5 and work on the computer. No Internet, no coffee, no access to the modem, since my brother sleeps in the room with the modem. So I go to Starbucks. Without a car, I get to ride my bike, only without a car, I get to ride my bicycle. I'm at Starbucks now. It's my religion; I would get baptized in coffee if they had such a ceremony. Riding my bike is not a bad thing, but God decided to make it a rainy day. Hahahaha :lol:. :roll: I'm whining, but I know you understand. Still, it's not as difficult as having the TBM being your spouse and not your 93 year old dad.