Losing the Battle

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Newme

Re: Losing the Battle

Post by Newme » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:31 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:57 am
Newme wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm
Slavereeno,
I can relate. About a year ago, DS & I left our very Mormon town in UT & traveled abroad and afterwards he told me he realized that many people seem happier without Mormonism & he was thinking how he could serve in better ways than a Mormon mission. I warned him about the pressure he’ll probably get to go on a mission. Well, lately, the bishop & Stake pres have been pressuring him, besides his friends having farewells almost every Sunday - & everyone constantly asking his plans. So, lately, he seems a bit short with me & I’ve backed off & (suggested options &) told him something to the extent that it’s up to him what he wants to do.

I wonder if in both our sons’ cases - if the peer pressure is overwhelming and they feel torn in some ways.
Maybe suggest some out of state colleges he can attend. Especially something out of state enough it is out of the MorCor. Attending a college somewhere were Mormonism is not a factor in everyday life may help him regain perspective.

If you need cheap college, Try West Virginia University. Low cost, even for out-of-state tuition. Good school. Great engineering and medical programs But I'm bias on that one. :mrgreen:
Thanks! Getting perspective is key!
He is looking into a private out-of-state school - but it has a reputation for partying etc. - hopefully he’ll resist going overboard. I hope and pray he finds what’s best for him.