Drop off receipts...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Raylan Givens

Drop off receipts...

Post by Raylan Givens » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm

So, my BP seems to never be at the church midweek. I need to drop off some receipts before the year ends.

I ski Sundays, would I weird out the financial clerk by dropping them off to him?

I could take them to BP, he is a big time skier, I think he will get it.

Such a weird thing to have to worry about...
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Just This Guy

Re: Drop off receipts...

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:15 am

Can you swing by your BP's house one evening and drop them off directly to him? Or mail them to his house.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:33 pm

I think it would be awesome if you dropped them off in full ski gear after hitting the slopes. Goggles and helmet on, carrying your poles in one hand, receipts in the other. It would make several attenders very jealous.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Really make his day by inviting him to ski this Sunday. Let him know you are the 1 sheep lost (in bounds of course) and give him the receipts on the chair ride up.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:57 pm

No Tof wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 pm
Really make his day by inviting him to ski this Sunday. Let him know you are the 1 sheep lost (in bounds of course) and give him the receipts on the chair ride up.
He might take me up on this. I am sure being thrown BP is taking time away from the slopes
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Mail all the receipts to the bishop's house, send it certified mail to make sure he gets it.

Include the post office receipt for the cost of sending them as part of what you need reimbursement form.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Take a picture and email it to them. That us what I did last time I spent money for the COJCOLDS

achilles

Post by achilles » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:18 am

MalcolmVillager wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:16 pm
Take a picture and email it to them. That us what I did last time I spent money for the COJCOLDS
Take the picture at the ski lodge with your hot chocolate and lift tickets strategically placed.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 pm

I like this.

I did like driving past my EQ presidents as he was pulling out to go to a PEC meeting, and I was headed up the canyon.