Meeting with Stake Pres.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Raylan Givens

Re: Meeting with Stake Pres.

Post by Raylan Givens » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Mackman wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 am
Thanks Cosair , I realize how difficult the middle way can be and like you have lived it for a long time including a coffee habit. Church is true web site has helped me a lot as does the book Planted by Patrick Mason . I am resigned to playing the game for the rest of my life or until my TBM wife's shelf breaks if it ever does. I admire the way you play the middle way. God Bless & Merry Christmas .
Glad to hear things are turning around on the job front.

I think there is a middle way in most organizations and things we do, whether that is religion, or even our employment. Glean what you can from it. At least you gain another support network, movers, and basketball games.

I have moved so much, to places where I don't know a soul. The Church is a nice way to have instant friends and a place to feel some belonging.

I have been to around a dozen churches this year. It all kind of blends together, I would probably be a "nom" in any of those churches too. They are all trying to serve the same purpose; provide friendship, support and some type of belief system that gets rid of all the questions that plague us. Now, some are more self-serving, or demanding, but it all feels like a fruit salad overall. Sugar, just with different packaging...
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Random

Post by Random » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:37 am

Mackman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:06 am
Update. Just got a job today start this evening and have a chance for a better job soon!!!! Thanks for the support I was very down and out the other day. My BP called and we are getting emergency groceries today.
So glad to hear this! That has to be a huge relief!
I decided I am just going to play the game rejoin and follow the example of Corsair !!!! He is the best at playing the game living in the middle . I love all of you , it's great to have people to turn to who understand , even a couple of noms in michigan I didn't think any were left in the state. I really sympathize with all those who live in the morridor that must be tough. God bless to all. Merry Christmas.
That's very brave of you, in my opinion. Best of luck with it.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:54 am

Mackman wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 am
Church is true web site has helped me a lot
I did a search and came up with a lot of churches whose name, apparently, is some form of true church. Kind of interesting.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:05 am

I hope I'm not being too nosy, Mack - You say that you are going to rejoin the church for your wife. Were you excommunicated or did you resign? (I resigned.) I'm wondering because someone who resigns has a harder time rejoining, so I understand, than someone who was "disciplined" by the church. It sounds like rejoining, for you, is going to be easy.

If you feel like this is too nosy, I'm fine with no answer to this question. People have different levels of comfort when talking about themselves.

PK

IT_Veteran

Post by IT_Veteran » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:17 am

Random wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:05 am
I hope I'm not being too nosy, Mack - You say that you are going to rejoin the church for your wife. Were you excommunicated or did you resign? (I resigned.) I'm wondering because someone who resigns has a harder time rejoining, so I understand, than someone who was "disciplined" by the church. It sounds like rejoining, for you, is going to be easy.

If you feel like this is too nosy, I'm fine with no answer to this question. People have different levels of comfort when talking about themselves.
I hadn't actually heard that, but I suppose I get it. It explains why my mom expressed to my DW that she would rather I be excommunicated than resign. She felt the impact on my salvation would be less (I think).

Random

Post by Random » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:24 am

If you resign, you have to talk to one of the general authorities for permission to return. If you were ex'd, you don't have to go any higher than the stake prez for most sins.

TBM hat: I think it's worse to resign because that means you walked away from God and have been overtaken by the devil willingly, but if you were ex'd that means you screwed up and can probably be loved back into the fold.

At the same time, though, I talked to some sister missionaries earlier this year and they seemed to think I was secretly interested in returning, so I guess you never know. (Finally got rid of them by putting a No Soliciting sign up that not only explicitly stated who it included, but warned that "my dog is hungry".)

PK

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 pm

I Reigned a year and a half ago. No it's not to nosy , love you nomies.!!!! Merry Christmas !!

Random

Post by Random » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:22 pm

Merry Christmas back atcha!

PK