New Year's Resolutions and Prophecies

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

New Year's Resolutions and Prophecies

Post by moksha » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Got any New Year's resolutions and prophecies you would like to share? Well of course you do! We are a resolute and prophetic people.

Just as a starter:
Hundreds of years from now in a post-apocalyptic Utah, the Bench Saints from Bountiful and the Sticks of Joseph from Utah Valley will clash at the site of the old sewer treatment plant in Midvale. Why? Because it is the most fertile ground for farming. They will raise their swords to the square to do battle for the honor of their Patriarchs and their respective tribes.
Their shields will bear the respective markings of the Talisman of Jupiter, and the Compass & Square. To the victor goes the sewage tailings

As an alternative, I want to lose weight. How about you?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Re: New Year's Resolutions and Prophecies

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 am

I was thinking of going to one hour less of church on Sunday. But since that's an amazingly silly goal, I will probably try and get to a better understanding with my wife over how our relationship should actually work and provide better fulfillment in spite of our obvious differences in belief.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:20 pm

I have this funny quirk where if I decide there's something that needs to be changed in my life, and I actually have the ability to change it, I just go ahead and attempt to implement that thing (goal/resolution?) when I decide it's time, instead of waiting for January 1st.

The best day to make changes for the better is some time between January 1st, and December 31st. Every year.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:48 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm
Just as a starter:

Hundreds of years from now in a post-apocalyptic Utah, the Bench Saints from Bountiful and the Sticks of Joseph from Utah Valley will clash at the site of the old sewer treatment plant in Midvale. Why? Because it is the most fertile ground for farming. They will raise their swords to the square to do battle for the honor of their Patriarchs and their respective tribes.
Their shields will bear the respective markings of the Talisman of Jupiter, and the Compass & Square. To the victor goes the sewage tailings
:lol: Have you been able to secure the movie rights?

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:07 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:48 pm
:lol: Have you been able to secure the movie rights?
Would it be better to have the warring tribes paint themselves blue or brown for the Battle of Midvale Sewage? Wonder if Mel Gibson would be available for the role of Bishop Parley-Eagle Jenson?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:03 am

Let me add my two cents, Trump will be impeached the church will start to have a net loss in members and I will be in a better place in 2019. God Bless all.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:06 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm
As an alternative, I want to lose weight. How about you?
I resolve to lose 40 pounds.

I prophesy that I will lose 20.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Mackman wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:03 am
Let me add my two cents, Trump will be impeached the church will start to have a net loss in members and I will be in a better place in 2019. God Bless all.
Lets hope.

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Corsair wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 am
I was thinking of going to one hour less of church on Sunday. But since that's an amazingly silly goal, I will probably try and get to a better understanding with my wife over how our relationship should actually work and provide better fulfillment in spite of our obvious differences in belief.
Nice. BTW I saw you are an early sponsor to a very worthy GoFundMe. That cause will be fun to see how it develops. I have thrown them so $ too and hope it gets the traction it deserves.