Looks like I'll be doing my "Home Study" after all...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Re: Looks like I'll be doing my "Home Study" after all...

Post by deacon blues » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 pm

That looks interesting. My wife and I have read "The First Five People You Meet in Heaven." We also have read some David McCollough history. I think we have to work to find common ground. All marriages will have to do this as they go along. My wife has amazing strengths where I am weak. The journey is always interesting.
God is Love. God is Truth

20/20hind

Re: Looks like I'll be doing my

Post by 20/20hind » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 am
In my case I let my wife run it and I sit there passively. I have a "do no harm" policy regarding indoctrination. I won't stop it because I can't, but I won't be an active participant either.

This is the approach i take also. Ive tried to limit the indoctrination of my kids and it caused some serious chaos in my marriage. I cant stop it so i have no part of it. Hopefully my kids will figure it out on their own. I just focus on being the best father i can without all the nutty mormon teachings.

What i have figured out in dealing with this is many people have to be right, like the church is the true church. I focus on being good rather than right. If that makes sense.

deacon blues

Re: Looks like I'll be doing my "Home Study" after all...

Post by deacon blues » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 pm

I liked the book. There is one place where she describes herself as a "recovering religion addict......" aw, but I shouldn't give it away ;)
God is Love. God is Truth