Meeting with Bishop Tonight

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Not Buying It

Re: Meeting with Bishop Tonight

Post by Not Buying It » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:06 pm
You would think church leaders would be cautious about recommending people read the Book of Mormon...after all when Nephi thought God was talking to him he beheaded his church leader.
I don’t know why think they reading the Book of Mormon is going to solve anything. When my Bishop told me to do that when I resigned from my callings, all I could think was how it would be a daily reminder of how ridiculous it is. But what I said was my current level of study of the Book of Mormon is sufficient for my spiritual needs.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

redjay

Post by redjay » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Glad to see you taking control. It's not easy.
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:02 pm

I'm glad it worked out so well. I was holding my breath when you said you opened up to him. Glad you won leadership roulette.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Not Buying It wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm
I don’t know why think they reading the Book of Mormon is going to solve anything.
When I read the Book of Mormon now, I see a lot of condemnation for the current church - polluting the holy church of God, grinding the faces of the poor because of their fine clothing and fine sanctuaries, pride, priestcraft, and so on. That book is definitely not saying that the church is all love and light and pleasing to God.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Congrats. That has to feel good. I hope to be somewhere like that soon.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:05 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 am
Glad things went well.

Hopefully you're not on the love-bombing list now (unless you want to be on that list. :shock: )
What's wrong with free cookies?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:05 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 am
Glad things went well.

Hopefully you're not on the love-bombing list now (unless you want to be on that list. :shock: )
What's wrong with free cookies?
They're usually not really "free."
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...