Kirby: Trade cottage for pottage

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Kirby: Trade cottage for pottage

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:27 pm

If you haven’t read Robert Kirby’s latest, I think it is one of the best passive aggressive analogies he has done yet.
He says:
“What do you do when one of the pillars of your marriage — such as a shared religion — suddenly crumbles? Is it so important to rebuild that you’re willing to destroy your family over it?
My wife and I go to different churches. It was a long, frustrating process, but not once did I ever consider breaking up the marriage over something as insignificant as a religious or a political difference.”

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commenta ... you-trade/
~2bizE

Corsair

Re: Kirby: Trade cottage for pottage

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm

2bizE wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:27 pm
not once did I ever consider breaking up the marriage over something as insignificant as a religious or a political difference.
With my remaining faith in God I have prayed for this message to show up prominently in General Conference for years. This is not some selfish desire for wealth or riches, It's just a fervent hope that mixed-faith marriages can get some support from LDS leaders. My prayers have been in vain, but I expect to try again in April.

slavereeno

Re: Kirby: Trade cottage for pottage

Post by slavereeno » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Corsair wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm
2bizE wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:27 pm
not once did I ever consider breaking up the marriage over something as insignificant as a religious or a political difference.
With my remaining faith in God I have prayed for this message to show up prominently in General Conference for years. This is not some selfish desire for wealth or riches, It's just a fervent hope that mixed-faith marriages can get some support from LDS leaders. My prayers have been in vain, but I expect to try again in April.
This is good, but based on the last three firesides, I wouldn't hold my breath.