Transitional underwear

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
FiveFingerMnemonic

Transitional underwear

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 pm

I wish there were some white long boxer briefs that looked exactly like garments without the marks and without the signature seam hole/rip in the corner crotch area.

Something that wouldn't cause my wife to cry at night when we got into bed like happened when I tried wearing grey regular briefs in the past.

As it stands I will be wearing my current garments until they completely fall apart because I can't stomach buying new ones but also can't stomach my wife's grief.
Last edited by FiveFingerMnemonic on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wonderment

Re: Transitional underwear

Post by Wonderment » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:12 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 pm
I wish there were some white long boxer briefs that looked exactly like garments without the marks and without the signature seam hole/rip in the corner crotch area.

Something that wouldn't cause my wife to cry at night when we got into bed like happened when I tried wearing grey regular briefs in the past.

As it stands I will be wearing my current garments until they completely fall apart because I can't stomach buying new ones but also can't stomach my wife's grief.
My husband found some of these at J.C. Penney. They are a little bit shorter than traditional garments for men, and they fit a little more snugly around the leg. But he said that they were very comfortable.
Hopefully, your wife will understand your decision to transition away from garments and will become more accepting. 8-) Wndr.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Maybe I could buy some new ones and use a seam ripper to painstakingly remove the masonic symbols!

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 pm
Maybe I could buy some new ones and use a seam ripper to painstakingly remove the masonic symbols! Image
I tried to find some plain white ones but everything was branded. I finally stopped caring and the wife got used to it. Just tell her "your balls, your choice to cover them"!

Don't the new ones have screen printed symbols?

Goof off and a fingernail actually removes the symbols fairly well. Or so I hear....

The wife hasn't figured out why hers have "fallen off" already.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 pm

A theory I’m working on with my wife is to paint the markings on my chest and leg with a magic marker. Then I can wear whatever underwear I want.
My next choice is the Duluth Trading Buck Naked underwear. I could dye them white.
~2bizE

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:59 pm

2bizE wrote:A theory I’m working on with my wife is to paint the markings on my chest and leg with a magic marker. Then I can wear whatever underwear I want.
My next choice is the Duluth Trading Buck Naked underwear. I could dye them white.
I have a pair of the Duluth's. My favorite recreational underwear by far.

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:14 am

I do the G bottoms most days but have converted 100% to some comfy fake G tops. I love the brand with the sailboat that is 95% cotton, 5% spandex. I even told DW I would screen the Mark's in if she wants.

I told her it isnt fair since I can do this and nobody will notice, but she cant really switch without people noticing.

At least I got her to go 2 weeks G free with me in Thailand. We are on day #5 now.

We will see if anything changes back home, but my guess is that we are not ready to make that commitment to vocal change in the family and community.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 am

A bit shorter than normal Garments, but could still pass:

https://www.amazon.com/Hanes-TAGLESS-Fu ... B0189L2YXM
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

BriansThoughtMirror

Post by BriansThoughtMirror » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 am

I can sympathize. Removing the garments was one of the hardest things I did, for that very reason. I think my wife cried more bitterly then than when I told her I didn't believe. It may have been several months later. The whole process was so traumatic I just couldn't go any faster. I initially bought some white boxer briefs and wore them till they wore out. It was really, really hard. But, eventually, it stopped being such a sore topic. Last time I refilled I got black and grey ones, and it wasn't a big deal (she finally told me I should get some because the first ones were grossly worn out. I had been too nervous to bring it up again. Isn't this just so messed up?). I will say, though, years later, my old Gs and temple clothes are still in our bedroom closet, packed up. I wanted to burn them, or just unceremoniously throw them in a dumpster, but I just couldn't bring it up to my wife. She finally packed them up because she was tired of seeing them and feeling sad. I was sure sick of seeing them, too. I'd feel a quiet wave of anger and disgust every time I opened my drawer. So, I've called that an acceptable solution and haven't tried to deal with it further.
HOWEVER, despite it being a miserable, traumatic experience that dragged on for months and interfered with my marriage and most intimate moment to and feelings, taking them off still feels like an enormous triumph, and I feel good about it every time I think about it. It's seriously one of the very, very few things I feel good about when I look back at my life. It was a major victory.
Long story short, I'm so sorry, and I think I know a little of what you are feeling. Good luck, and be strong!
Reflections From Brian's Brain
https://briansthoughtmirror.wordpress.com/

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:59 pm
2bizE wrote:A theory I’m working on with my wife is to paint the markings on my chest and leg with a magic marker. Then I can wear whatever underwear I want.
Your comment on recreational underwear just blew my mind. I can think of a whole lot of recreation I could be doing to improve life, and of course wear the appropriate attire to support it.
~2bizE

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:59 pm
Your comment on recreational underwear just blew my mind. I can think of a whole lot of recreation I could be doing to improve life, and of course wear the appropriate attire to support it.
Yep my wife seems ok with me skiing, hiking, running and all manner of outdoor stuff in regular underwear. But when it is time to come to bed, back into uniform or else guilt inducing sobs commence.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 pm

BriansThoughtMirror wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 am
HOWEVER, despite it being a miserable, traumatic experience that dragged on for months and interfered with my marriage and most intimate moment to and feelings, taking them off still feels like an enormous triumph, and I feel good about it every time I think about it. It's seriously one of the very, very few things I feel good about when I look back at my life. It was a major victory.
I still wear the bottoms because I'm cheap. Taking the top off was healing for me. It went hand-in-hand with starting to drink coffee, which was also healing.

Here's how I figure it. Both are things Mormons don't do, so intentionally doing them made me feel less Mormon. At the time, I was feeling a constant weight on my self-esteem from the prejudice the church teaches against people like us. It turned out to be a lot easier to deal with if it felt like it came from "those ignorant old bigots" instead of from "the leaders of my people." Feeling less Mormon took some of that weight off.

This is also the thing that makes spouses cry. If you take off the Gs, it means you're less Mormon. You're more like one of them. Your spouse married one of us. If you're not one of us then just who are you? You're a scary one of them.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Reuben wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 pm
If you're not one of us then just who are you? You're a scary one of them.
Ah, the battle between the Lilliputians and Blefuscudians. There is the eternal matter of which end of the egg to open that is at stake! Don't smirk, the Lilliputians are taught the importance of the little end of the egg and they want to keep pure to that tradition.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:00 pm

These ones are sorta-kinda close. The big difference is they'd fit a lot better.

https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... dway-brief

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:03 pm

crazyhamster wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:00 pm
These ones are sorta-kinda close. The big difference is they'd fit a lot better.

https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... dway-brief
There are probably hundreds if not thousands of options similar to this. Just look for the "long" inseam (on most I believe that would be 9") and white.

When your relatives are giving you the garment check (feeling you up) they won't notice the difference, unless they are really getting into it. Your significant other might notice a different brand-name though...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:36 am

2bizE wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 pm
A theory I’m working on with my wife is to paint the markings on my chest and leg with a magic marker. Then I can wear whatever underwear I want.
If only tattoos weren't also verboten.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Random

Post by Random » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Maybe I could buy some new ones and use a seam ripper to painstakingly remove the masonic symbols! Image
I tried doing that with some garments and just ended up with a hole. Those things are sewed in pretty tight.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:41 pm
Don't the new ones have screen printed symbols?

Goof off and a fingernail actually removes the symbols fairly well. Or so I hear....

The wife hasn't figured out why hers have "fallen off" already.
I forgot about that (obviously, they came on the scene after I left). As I recall, the selling point was to wear them for a while (about a year?), then buy new ones.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Random wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm
I tried doing that with some garments and just ended up with a hole. Those things are sewed in pretty tight.
I did it with some of my husband's garment tops that my son insisted on using as a security item. It worked okay, but the garments were fairly old and worn, so maybe they weren't sewed up as tight.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:50 pm

What kind of a crazy religion creates sorrow in a marriage because one partner isn’t wearing the right underwear? I grew up in one truly messed up religion.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph