If you need a good laugh today!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

If you need a good laugh today!

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:41 am

It just doesn't get any better than this!

What do you call a 94 year old man who vacations at church history sites, while regularly wearing a designer suit and tie, with a trophy wife holding a red designer purse, a cell phone, and thinks she might need to leave the room at any moment? A Mormon Prophet!

What do you call an old table with a replica of a manuscript, a bundle of gold plates under a sheet, in an old cabin? A Mormon History Site!

What do you call the hat on the table? A Mormon conduit to revelation!

Ask your TBM loved ones why modern day prophets don't use the seer stone in any of their hats?

Why? Because it's a rock in a hat!

Think about it....

A rock in a hat dictates spiritual guidance and revelation from God!

A Rock..... In a hat!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Re: If you need a good laugh today!

Post by wtfluff » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:33 pm

♫ There must have been some magic in that old silk hat Joe found... ♫

I have wondered at times if it was the actually hat which was magic and not the rock, that produced the magic glowing words, that became the most correct book on earth, which has been changed thousands of times.

(Golly. I wonder what people who weren't born into a cult think about when their mind wanders. Ha, ha, ha? :? )
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:12 pm

I’m trying not to remember this stuff, thankyouverymuch! :D :(

Stig

Post by Stig » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Sister Nelson may be MUCH younger than him, but "Trophy Wife"? Uhhh, only in the everyone-gets-a-trophy league.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Stig wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Sister Nelson may be MUCH younger than him, but "Trophy Wife"? Uhhh, only in the everyone-gets-a-trophy league.
Typical apologetic position. Attack the definition of Trophy and ignore the evidence. :lol:

Use your spiritual eyes! She's a trophy!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Evil_Bert

Post by Evil_Bert » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 pm

He is her trophy. She hit the Mormon jackpot when she married him.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:44 am

From the Rock in the Hat Song

In English, rock, hat, In French, roche, chapeau.
It really is quite obvious, don't you know.
In English, rock, hat. In French, roche, chapeau.
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, here we go.

In Samoan its a papa in a pulou,
In Uzbek its a jinslar in a shapka.
And its oh so true!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Sheamus Moore

Post by Sheamus Moore » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:31 am

The photo just needs a thought bubble over Nelson's head - as he glares at that hat.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:41 am

Sheamus Moore wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:31 am
The photo just needs a thought bubble over Nelson's head - as he glares at that hat.
It's a very solemn glare. It actually looks posed to me. Maybe he's overwhelmed by all the magic emanating from that old silk hat. Perhaps he wants to place it on his head and dance around?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:33 am

Sheamus Moore wrote:
"Just keep walking. Get out of here before someone asks me to give it a go."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am

Question: did they used to have some sort of “urim and thummin” (sp) contraption on the table at this site? And did they recently replace it with a hat
(w/o Russ’ permission :twisted:)
Also, honest question, is there a rock in the hat?

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am
Question: did they used to have some sort of “urim and thummin” (sp) contraption on the table at this site? And did they recently replace it with a hat
I truly do not know uf anything is in that hat. I'm guessing there is actually nothing in that hat because there are way too many questions that would arouse.

The thing I notice is that the hat is the same color as the papers and the cloth covering the "plates". It's also on a light colored table. It seems like whoever set up this display wanted the hat to be overlooked as easily as possible while still being present. Notice also that a white top hat is not in any church history picture nor any old time, 19th century photograph that I know about. Joseph Smith is pretty much never shown in any hat at all. This hat is weirdly out of place and I simply don't expect "Joseph with his face in a hat" to be in the next batch of pictures for the Primary teachers in your local ward. This hat is only grudgingly in this display.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:20 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am
I believe this is a "new" visitors center so the entire display is new. No "Urim and Thummim" replacement took place. It was "kinda" a big deal when they created the display, because it is a bit more honest than LDS-Inc. has ever been.

Don't know if there's a rock in the magic hat. I doubt it.

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:41 am
Sheamus Moore wrote:
It's a very solemn glare. It actually looks posed to me. Maybe he's overwhelmed by all the magic emanating from that old silk hat. Perhaps he wants to place it on his head and dance around?
I think it's Cogdis all over his old face! How many of us had that same look as we pulled on all the threads and had that "Oh $hit, are you kidding me?!" moment?
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:46 pm
Stig wrote:
Typical apologetic position. Attack the definition of Trophy and ignore the evidence. :lol:

I think she's cute. She looks a lot happier when she's with Sherri though.
WendynSheri.png
WendynSheri.png (103.45 KiB) Viewed 8324 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:16 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Sheamus Moore wrote:
I think it's Cogdis all over his old face! How many of us had that same look as we pulled on all the threads and had that "Oh $hit, are you kidding me?!" moment?
:lol: ^^ He looks like he's thinking the f-bomb for the first time in his life! And Wendy is thinking: "that rock I made with the glow-in-the-dark message 'give women the priesthood' better f@#%ing fit in that hat!"
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Stig

Post by Stig » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:46 pm
Stig wrote:

Old habits...
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Newme

Post by Newme » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sheamus Moore wrote:
My first impression was she just reprimanded him & he’s not sure how to respond but he isn’t happy.

Newme

Post by Newme » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:18 pm

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:42 pm

"I wonder if I get the magic rock out of the vault and put it in that hat if I could translate things..."
~2bizE