College bound question?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

College bound question?

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:10 pm

Anyone have any good recommendations for places to live for kids going to BYU or UVU?

Reading the online reviews it's nearly impossible to tell where the truth lies. Half are bad and the other half are too good to be real.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

glass shelf

Re: College bound question?

Post by glass shelf » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 am

It's been way too long for my BYU info to be very helpful, but my best living situation was definitely when I just shared a one-bedroom apartment with my roommate from my dorms. That probably says a lot about me being an introvert.

In general, though, I think houses and smaller apartment complexes are better IF you know the people you're staying with well.

w2mz

Re: College bound question?

Post by w2mz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am

My DD loves Cox apartments. Older building, but reasonable price and good management. (She has good roomies too) She also said to check out Liberty Square. More expensive, but newer.

Couple of leads anyway....
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth