Going to be in Utah in April

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
RubinHighlander

Re: Going to be in Utah in April

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 pm

DPRoberts wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am
How about the original Red Iguana? It has that dive-y kind of feel coupled with arguably the best Mexican in town. And I think Trax runs right up North Temple.
Red Iguana is good, but gotta get there early, like no later than 1130 or it could be a long wait.

I can pick up at Trax and provide transport to anywhere in the city as well, so we don't need to be limited. Here's a few of my favorite places, not in any particular order:

Gourmandise Bakery (great food, deserts and coffee)
Taqueria 27
Chicken Fried Curry (no booze or coffee, but awesome shawarma!)
Avenues Proper (good beers, good food, fun location up in the Avenues)
Sapa
Squatters
Tosh Ramen
Twist (good pub food, fun location for socializing)
Red Rock
Proper Burger
The Bayou
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:00 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 pm
Squatters
Red Rock
The Bayou
If you're going there... Then I have to suggest going a bit further west to Uinta.

(Wait, aren't we supposed to boycott local breweries after the most recent ethanol legislation up on 'the hill'? :shock: )
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Just looked up the address of Uintah's brew pub. Looks close to the ETCOJCOLDS distribution center if anyone needed to purchase something. It would fun to try with mild barley drink on your breath.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 am

DPRoberts wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:33 pm
Just looked up the address of Uintah's brew pub. Looks close to the ETCOJCOLDS distribution center if anyone needed to purchase something. It would fun to try with mild barley drink on your breath.
Yes. You can enjoy a mild barley drink at Uinta and walk right down the street and purchase a new Triple Combination to study D&C 89.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:29 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 am
DPRoberts wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:33 pm
Yes. You can enjoy a mild barley drink at Uinta and walk right down the street and purchase a new Triple Combination to study D&C 89.
I'm up for that but actually I'd like to see if they would buy my old one back for cash to I could buy more beers!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:09 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:29 am
DPRoberts wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am
How about the original Red Iguana? It has that dive-y kind of feel coupled with arguably the best Mexican in town. And I think Trax runs right up North Temple.
Well, by dive-y, I was also thinking cheap (which Red Iguana is not.) :ugeek:

But... Reuben is coming to town, we're celebrating! (So if the consensus is Red Iguana, I won't complain.)
I would love to go to Red Iguana, but I don't want to implicitly uninvite anyone by it being too expensive.

Is there something decent between Red Iguana and Dumpster Behind Taco Bell?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:34 am

El Menos on 17th S around 2nd W might be an option. I hear they have raised the price on the lunch special lately but it's still around 10 bucks. Seating is easy and it is a good place to talk.

ETA: Red Iguana is probably not a great choice because of its popularity. Need to arrive early, they seem rather picky about having to seat a whole party together, and so on.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Bump.

We are going to have to make a decision here fairly soon. Reuben, as the guest of honor at this gathering I think most of us would gladly defer to your preference. How do you, (and the others if they want to chime in) feel about the suggestions so far?

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:00 pm

I just hope to see you Reuben. After reading your "Now is not the time to say I told you so" post I would enjoy any food along with your conversation. :D I'm free any lunch time, and some dinner times.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.