General NOMfrence!!! Spring 2019

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

General NOMfrence!!! Spring 2019

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:10 am

SPECIAL NOTE:
I know we are all still reeling from what happened with POX policy yesterday--lots of feelings and lots of processing still to do. Special hugs to all of our LGBT+ NOMs. And I wish we had more time to process this all before the next dose of TBM crazy. But...we don't.
What we can do is take back our power from the straight, white, cis, racist, sexist, homophobic, elitist men who demanded it from us all those years ago. That will look different for different people. For some NOMs it will mean avoiding GC altogether. For those who end up watching for what ever reason, I invite you to participle in NOMfrnece.

****General NOMfrence Spring 2019***

One of the ways I take back my power, is by judging the all the speakers and talks in GC. When I was TBM, I loved GC!! I really thought I was hearing messages that God had delivered to his servants, even the Q15. *barf* Now I realize that pretty much everything said at GC is stupid, or downright harmful. I'm calling those f-ers out in real time and I invite you to join me.

Every speaker starts with a score of 0
If you hear something you like, give them some points.
If you hear something you don't like, take points away.

We try to use the same scale as Hogwarts House points: 5s,10s, and 20s. But if you hear something really bad, feel free to go wild. At the end of GC we will tally everything up and make a list ranking the talks for best to worst.

Also check out 2bizE's Konfrence predictions thread. Make your own predictions or add your name to the lists of predictions already made. Who knows...you might turn out to be our next Prophet, Seer and NOMerator!

Lots of Love to my NOM family! We will get through this weekend!
Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorum
Don't let the bastards grind you down!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

oliblish

Re: General NOMfrence!!! Spring 2019

Post by oliblish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:58 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:10 am
We try to use the same scale as Hogwarts House points: 5s,10s, and 20s. But if you hear something really bad, feel free to go wild. At the end of GC we will tally everything up and make a list ranking the talks for best to worst.
I think we should use the sorting hat and assign each of the Q15 to houses. Then we can decide which house wins the cup!

Here are the houses:

Gryffindor: The house of the brave, loyal, courageous, adventurous, daring, and chivalrous. Those who stand up for others are typically Gryffindors. Brave-hearted is the most well-known Gryffindor characteristic, and Gryffindors are also known for having a lot of nerve.

Ravenclaw: The house is known for their wisdom, intelligence, creativity, cleverness, and knowledge. Those who value brains over brawn can be found here. Ravenclaws often tend to be quite quirky as well. "Do what is wise" is the motto they strive to follow.

Hufflepuff: This house values hard work, dedication, fair play, patience, and loyalty. Hufflepuff's are known for being just and true. "Do what is nice" is their motto.

Slytherin: This is the house of the cunning, prideful, resourceful, ambitious, intelligent, and determined. Slytherin's love to be in charge and crave leadership. "Do what is necessary" is the motto of this house.

As tempting as it may be, they can't all be in Slytherin!
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:00 am

OK I'll go first. This is an easy one.

I am pretty sure he speaks Parseltongue.

I say... SLYTHERIN!!!
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:14 am

Ravenclaw!

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am

Given the sheer amount of ego needed to get yourself to the Q15, I think it's safe to say all 15 of them are Slytherin.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:49 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am
Given the sheer amount of ego needed to get yourself to the Q15, I think it's safe to say all 15 of them are Slytherin.
This has my vote.

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:23 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:49 am
Just This Guy wrote:
This has my vote.
Not as fun, but you are probably right.

alas

Post by alas » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
I was about to suggest this, but then I thought of Deter and thought maybe put him is Gryphendor for loyalty because he is more humble than the rest, but still terribly loyal.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:50 pm

It's conference time again!
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:46 pm

oliblish wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:00 am
OK I'll go first. This is an easy one.

I am pretty sure he speaks Parseltongue.

I say... SLYTHERIN!!!
OMGs I love this!!!
Just This Guy wrote:
LOL! For the record, I think Rasband is a squib though. :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:01 am

I have a friend in town so I'll be lurking here to see what the updates are but unlikely able to post much since I won't be watching - I hope it's not too awful for those who have to watch.

I'll be curious to see what changes they announce - the 2 hour church was widely leaked so not a big surprise... I assume the changes will be smaller here but sound bigger as I believe Alas said in another thread. Renaming, regrouping, and re-purposing.

I don't believe even if they relax on the WoW they would make a point of announcing it here, but who knows anymore after God changed his mind about those LGBT people. I'll be hoping they remove daily garment wear as a requirement, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:04 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:10 am

****General NOMfrence Spring 2019***
MoPag, thank you for doing these threads for GC. I don't watch conference anymore, so I always come here to read summaries and thoughts from those who listen and post.

I appreciate you doing this!
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."