General NOMfrence Sunday morning!!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Random

Re: General NOMfrence Sunday morning!!!!

Post by Random » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 am

"My wife Wendy and I rejoice in being with you on this sabbath morning." I've never heard a president say that in gen conf before.

(Yeah, I got enticed in to see if Nelson says anything.)
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

w2mz

Post by w2mz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 am

Rich old white dude pandering to emotion. Where is the next revelation everyone is waiting for?
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:33 am

-10 dissing the Beatles
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:35 am

Random wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 am
"My wife Wendy and I rejoice in being with you on this sabbath morning." I've never heard a president say that in gen conf before.

(Yeah, I got enticed in to see if Nelson says anything.)
It was nice +5

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:35 am

MoPag wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:33 am
-10 dissing the Beatles
Oh no! That's minus 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:40 am

-100 for implying that if you don't do what he says, you don't REALLY love your family.

"Ask God how He feels about you." Dude, I did. I sat in the celestial room of the temple and BEGGED God to tell me that He loves me. God refused to show me even a tiny shred of affection. That's what caused my shelf to come tumbling down.
Last edited by AdmiralHoldo on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:42 am

Please come back to church, time is running out, we are crashing over here!

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 am

Time has been running out AT LEAST since Joseph Smith's time. Yawn.

I wonder how the friend he referred to feels about being mocked over the conference pulpit?
Last edited by AdmiralHoldo on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am

Nel$on: “Pay the price now. [Give all your money and devotion to ME!!!! Don’t give it to the poor, even if Christ told you as you love the poor, you love God. It’s not about Christ - it’s about ME!!! Follow me! I’m your false god, I mean, prophet. Pay the price and prioritize me - over your family. If you must choose between - temple wedding which require$ heafty club fee$, and devotion to ME - and your marriage family - choose ME! . Pay the price now - to ME!!!]”

If the above weren’t true, they’d encourage following Christ no matter with this church or not, and would share their greedily and corruptly accumulated TITHES with the poor as commanded in Det. 14:28-29 & as Christ commanded the rich do.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am

Nelson is so confident that making covenants in the temple is the best thing for your family. Seriously, he has not established why he should be trusted in the first place. I could talk about a testimony of Jesus that has nothing to do with covenants in an LDS temple. This is, obviously, what 99% of the Christian world feels about the LDS church. At it's root, the LDS church does not trust the spiritual experiences of others. If your testimony or inspiration does not lead you to paying tithing to one specific Utah-based church, you are apparently wrong.

Random

Post by Random » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am

Just a bunch of stories, near as I can tell. I'm not watching/listening any more.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:47 am

Corsair wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am
At it's root, the LDS church does not trust the spiritual experiences of others.
Pretty much.

PK

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 am

Corsair wrote:
At it's root, the LDS church does not trust the spiritual experiences of others.
The LDS church doesn't even trust the spiritual experiences of their own members which is why they tell you from birth exactly what they mean, and scold you if you interpret them differently than they want you to.

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:52 am

-10 for making fun of his friend for wanting his temple ordinances done after he dies.

In the case of my father and stepmother, THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN BE SEALED is to wait until they are both dead, and do it then! Because she's already sealed to a previous husband, but if the genders were reversed, it would be hunky dory.
Last edited by AdmiralHoldo on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

græy

Post by græy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:56 am

Corsair wrote:
-20 for completely invalidating any spiritual path it experience that doesn't match his own.

Also, the last half of that talk was the worst.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:58 am

Still no coffee
Renlund - 155
Eubanks +140
Cook -65
Christoffersen +5
Callister -10
Nelson -1zillion 845

Nelson comes in with a record low for, among other things, throwing shade at the Beatles

Editing to adjust points.
Last edited by MoPag on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:00 am

MoPag wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:58 am
Nelson -1zillion 445
:lol:
(Love the added "445")
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

alas

Post by alas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:01 am

MoPag wrote:
-10 dissing the Beatles
Oh, come on! Dissing the Beatles is a much bigger sin than that. It demonstrates part of the serious problem. These guys have not progessed out of the late 50s when rock and roll was evil and the music f the baby boom generation was going to take everyone to hell. I lived through that crap. It is all part of the rejection of the concept that styles change and what the young people think is in style is evil just because it was not in style when they were young. The short skirts of the 60s&70s are immodest but the lownecklines of the 40s & 50s were not immodest. The Beatles are evil, but Elvis and his suggestive hip movements are wonderful. I am so sick of that kind of thinking, that when I catch myself reacting like an old lady to the styles of dress or music (have you seen how Brittany Spears dresses?) I want to push myself off a cliff. So, dissing the Beatles deserves pushing off a cliff for being an old old old fuddy duddy.

Give him -200. (I hope you know I am teasing, but half serious)

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:04 am

alas wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:01 am
MoPag wrote:
-10 dissing the Beatles
Oh, come on! Dissing the Beatles is a much bigger sin than that. It demonstrates part of the serious problem. These guys have not progessed out of the late 50s when rock and roll was evil and the music f the baby boom generation was going to take everyone to hell. I lived through that crap. It is all part of the rejection of the concept that styles change and what the young people think is in style is evil just because it was not in style when they were young. The short skirts of the 60s&70s are immodest but the lownecklines of the 40s & 50s were not immodest. The Beatles are evil, but Elvis and his suggestive hip movements are wonderful. I am so sick of that kind of thinking, that when I catch myself reacting like an old lady to the styles of dress or music (have you seen how Brittany Spears dresses?) I want to push myself off a cliff. So, dissing the Beatles deserves pushing off a cliff for being an old old old fuddy duddy.

Give him -200. (I hope you know I am teasing, but half serious)
:D done!

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:05 am

jfro18 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 am
Corsair wrote:
The LDS church doesn't even trust the spiritual experiences of their own members which is why they tell you from birth exactly what they mean, and scold you if you interpret them differently than they want you to.
Not only that, they teach contrary to Christ’s teachings in many ways... how they handle finances, the poor, they discourage self-help/soul-searching which Christ encouraged. They preach heaven’s reward fallacy - which the church is named after - depsite Christ saying as clear as day that “the kingdom of God cometh not with observation... the kingdom of god is within you.” They preach Christ as physical savior not as sharing truth and ways to live and love better. And people who thought Christ would physically save them changed from following him to joining the mob in shouting, “Crucify Him!” Many members have been carefully mind-controlled to have a similar horrific mob mentality.

They are like Satan in seeking the glory and worship. And they charge for temple worthiness - when Christ whipped people out of the temple for using it to make money. They also use the temple to manipulate people and break up families in favor of loyalty to them, preaching BS as if marriage is a piece of paper spiritually. Christ taught nobody’s given in marriage in the resurrection - but are as angels.

They really need to rename the church once again to “Church of Mormon Leaders.”
Last edited by Newme on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.