SLC NOM lunch: Wednesday, April 10, City Creek Centre

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Reuben

SLC NOM lunch: Wednesday, April 10, City Creek Centre

Post by Reuben » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 am

I, Reuben, having considered relevant time, location and monetary constraints, therefore I was minded somewhat to choose City Creek Centre; and having seen many plans derailed from indecision in the course of my days, nevertheless having consumed many flavors in all my days; yea, having had great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of foodstuffs, therefore we shall proceed to dine at City Creek Centre at 12:00 on Wednesday, April 10th.

Yea, thou shalt... ah, screw it. Be there or be square. Let's go shopping!

How shall we know each other, my dark and loathsome brothers and sisters? Where's a good place to meet?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

DPRoberts

Re: SLC NOM lunch: Wednesday, April 10, City Creek Centre

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:11 am

You missed your calling as a 19th century profit.

By City Creek I assume you mean the food court just to be clear.

For recognition, there is the Santa hat tradition if we have a volunteer. My recollection is that Fluff wasn't too keen on the idea last go around.

We have met near the SW corner area. We could each post something about what we are wearing. No guarantees there won't be SCMC spies looking for us being that deep behind enemy lines :roll: :roll: g
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 am

Reuben wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 am
I, Reuben, having considered relevant time, location and monetary constraints, therefore I was minded somewhat to choose City Creek Centre
That's a bummer. I can't enter City Creek without bursting into flames. (Or maybe I just won't set foot on the Church's mall property...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:02 am

Damn my work life balance! I have solid commitment this Wednesday I cannot escape. I shall project my astral self image into Haggoth's good conscious and hope he has the capacity to proxy and raise a glass of beer or spirit, a toast to Reuben...oh wait, it's City Fing Creek, never mind. I do wish I could be there.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:50 am

It’s on my schedule. I look forward to being there. 😋
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:08 am

I will try to come. I have a meeting during the first part, but will try to swing by.
~2bizE

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:22 pm

On my schedule too. Will plan on wearing a dark blue plaid shirt.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Linked

Post by Linked » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm

I may be a few minutes late, but I should be able to make it.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:38 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 am
Reuben wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 am
I, Reuben, having considered relevant time, location and monetary constraints, therefore I was minded somewhat to choose City Creek Centre
That's a bummer. I can't enter City Creek without bursting into flames. (Or maybe I just won't set foot on the Church's mall property...)
If it helps, you could make rude hand gestures when you cross the threshold and start every sentence with an F-bomb.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:36 am

Hey DP, I can wear my dark blue plaid shirt too.😋
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:37 am

I have a class that ends at 12:40, so that kind of puts a damper on it for me, but maybe I can swing by late and say hi. Please post specifics once you get there.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:25 am

I'll be wearing a black t-shirt with "Since 1791" on the front. It's my favorite shirt to wear in England.
Hagoth wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:37 am
I have a class that ends at 12:40, so that kind of puts a damper on it for me, but maybe I can swing by late and say hi. Please post specifics once you get there.
We'll post as soon as we know where we're eating.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:36 am
Hey DP, I can wear my dark blue plaid shirt too.😋
If you got it at Costco we may be matching exactly.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Nope, IFA Intermountain Farmers. :lol:

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:57 am

Reuben wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:25 am
We'll post as soon as we know where we're eating.
Looks like I'm out. I'm really sorry to have missed you!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 am

I considered for a moment, braving the flames by donning a blue plaid shirt to protect against Spontaneous Human Combustion and making my way to the Only True and Living Mall™...

Then it snowed, and now I'm the old codger that doesn't want to deal with the weather.

Sorry Reuben, enjoy your lunch with the braver NoMies.

If you're still in the area Sunday, consider dropping by the Draper meetup. There are always very nice apostates there every Sunday.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Linked

Post by Linked » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:44 am

I'm on my way! I'll be looking for you all. I'm in slacks and a brownish plaidish dress shirt.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:52 am

I’m here. Just in side man what a cold day. I’m wearing plaid blue and green and white shirt. 😋

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:17 am

Watching for linked- are you close?

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:18 am

We’re meeting and discovering some of us are related.😲