"Eternal Truths" are just ideas

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

"Eternal Truths" are just ideas

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:01 am

Eternal principles, doctrines, and truths are nothing more than the ideas of one, echoed by a group of believers in those ideas.

Eternal everlasting truth is as follows:

1. I am the greatest man alive. Worship me or else you can't live with your family in the next life!

2. Eat red licorice only on Tuesdays.

3. Fish on Fridays.

4. All women must wear pink panties and men blue shorts. Follow the authorized pattern set for by Cindy Crawford and Mark Walburg. If you don't, consider yourself asexual and you'll never reproduce again in the afterlife. No eternal family for you.

5. Read my manifesto every day and make your home a training center to my ideas, philosophy, and eternal truths. You can find it online at Churchofthesandwich.org.

6. Love one another at all times. Be kind.

7. You must watch reruns of Gilligan's Island every first weekend of April and October. Then return and report.

8. You just have to believe these rules will bring you happiness so you can pass this test and return your sorry, weak ass, coffee loving, mortal bag of flesh and bone body I gave you and live with me, Sky Daddy Red Ryder forever!

Prove me wrong. I've prayed and know these things are true and the Holy Pink Panty Ghost of 1990''s Cindy Crawford have born witness of these eternal principles.

Now bow down and worship me! Share your testimony of me on Facebook, Instagram, and all other LDS disapproved social media platforms.

PS, the Beasty Boys are still cool!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Just This Guy

Re: "Eternal Truths" are just ideas

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 am

You forgot the most important eternal truth: Send me lots and lots of money.

I expect to see those checks rolling in soon, everyone.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:38 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:01 am
7. You must watch reruns of Gilligan's Island every first weekend of April and October.
Wait... This one sounds kind of fun. :lol:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:42 am

I'd like to bear my testimony...

I know the Beasty Boys are still cool...

I know that Gilligan's Island reruns are the most spiritually uplifting things you can watch on the first weekends of April and October.

I say these things in Sky Daddy Red Ryder's name Amen!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:15 am

If I skip friday fish once a month, does that mean I'm a TKsmoothie for eternity? Because honestly, after all the $hit I put up with raising kids in this life, I want nothing to do with that job in the next one, let alone, eternity!

DW and I talked about the mormon celestial heaven a couple of nights ago and really, it does not sound like a great way to spend eternity, popping out billions of spirit kids, only to stress about most of them not making it through an fd up mortality test. Seriously?
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:25 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 am
You forgot the most important eternal truth: Send me lots and lots of money.
Walk blessed, you are on the path of easy monthly payments.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Newme

Post by Newme » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 pm

:D Funny this is mentioned, when I hear conference talks about trivial things members are supposed to do or not do, I kind of laugh and think how it’s like monopoly or another game where each plays a part and must go by certain rules to win. And some win big - like the ones writing and reading the invented instructions (in fine print: which change as we go). But most lose - but are tricked into thinking they will someday win big - even if it’s the next life. You know how Monopoly can go on f o r e v e r? ;)

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:16 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:01 am
5. Read my manifesto every day and make your home a training center to my ideas, philosophy, and eternal truths. You can find it online at Churchofthesandwich.org.
I read this JUST as I'm eating a sandwich! I'm sure it's a sign and I'm ready to sign up!

I don't have one single pair of blue shorts though...