I have anger issues and need professional help!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

I have anger issues and need professional help!

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am

My church GAF Meter has been reading very low lately which has been great for my mental health. I just don't GAF about Mormonism and it's been refreshing to unwind and detach even from disaffected Mormonism.

However I've noticed an increase in anger around one thing that I don't know how to get rid of.

I hate garments.

On Sunday I was sitting in the primary room minding my own business wrangling two kids in my primary class. Across the room sat Sister Sharon Stone. As she adjusted in her chair, and re-crossed her legs, I got a very unwanted peek-a-boo into her personal space and was blinded by her white and anything but delightsome fundie undies contrasting against her black skirt. I was immediately annoyed and visibly disturbed. Uhggggg really?

Then to make matters worse, Sister Ryder had to stand up front to help with singing time. I'm sitting there watching her smile and sing and as she turned I noticed something very rarely seen before. Panty lines? What? Am I seeing things with my physical eyes? Am I day dreaming again? WTF?

After we got home and we're changing out of our Sunday clothes, the Holy Ghost confirms that she was indeed wearing panties! OMG!!! She was wearing them OVER her garments!! Who wears TWO pair of underwear? Apparently we had a really busy weekend and didn't get to all of the laundry so she was relinquished to wear an old pair of the silky kind that were stretched out. She had already pulled them up to her shoulders and they wouldn't stay up so she did the next best thing a Mormon lady could do!? She put on a pair of white panties OVER the garments to keep the garments from falling off!?!?!

What kind of wacky fundie undie wearing church makes the women go through this type of hellish experience?

Why do I get so angry?

Help me Jesus! I've searched out a therapist to no avail for help with my PTGSD! I can't take it anymore.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Not Buying It

Re: I have anger issues and need professional help!

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am

Someday they will phase garments out, because there are few things weirder and more cult-like than telling people what kind of underwear they can wear. Generations have become progressively less fanatical and fundamentalist about garments - back in the day there were plenty of weirdo members who kept one hand on their garments while showering so they never lost contact with them even for a second, and my wife and her siblings were all "conceived through the covenant". Who even thinks of doing those things anymore? Sooner or later a generation will come along that says "this is just stupid" and eventually the Church will give them up. Maybe not in my lifetime, but it will happen.

In the meantime - if God really wanted us to have a lot of kids, why did He make garments such a deterrent? They are the most unsexy underwear in all of creation. He really didn't think that one through.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:14 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am
In the meantime - if God really wanted us to have a lot of kids, why did He make garments such a deterrent? They are the most unsexy underwear in all of creation. He really didn't think that one through.
This has been my thought all along. I was not raised in the church and no one bothered to tell me about garments until right before we went into the temple, which was almost a year after I was married outside out of the temple (the one year rule).

I can not overstate the shock in hearing I'd have to wear magical underwear and that my wife would have to wear an ugly white bodysuit as well.

They should make teenagers wear them to deter anyone from breaking the law of chastity, because that is their true superpower.

I suppose that's another reason the temple was where I mentally broke and started my slow burn from the church... I was 100% blindsided and my wife never bothered to tell me about them, and I'm pretty sure deep down she knows why.

Red Ryder - if you ever want to vent during the day, hit me up anytime... sometimes that's a pretty good way to let off steam and while it's not therapy, it's at least a temporary help to talk to people who know what you're upset about.

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:05 pm

After we got home and we're changing out of our Sunday clothes, the Holy Ghost confirms that she was indeed wearing panties! OMG!!! She was wearing them OVER her garments!! Who wears TWO pair of underwear? Apparently we had a really busy weekend and didn't get to all of the laundry so she was relinquished to wear an old pair of the silky kind that were stretched out. She had already pulled them up to her shoulders and they wouldn't stay up so she did the next best thing a Mormon lady could do!? She put on a pair of white panties OVER the garments to keep the garments from falling off!?!?!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is both hilarious and absurd. It's ridiculous that churches should demand that their members wear certain types of clothing because it is supposedly God's will or supposedly the founder said so. It's just another way to control the membership. I look forward to the day when members say, "Enough is enough", and simply refuse to comply. -- Wndr.

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am
I hate garments.
This isn't news to anyone here. ;)

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
She had already pulled them up to her shoulders and they wouldn't stay up so she did the next best thing a Mormon lady could do!? She put on a pair of white panties OVER the garments to keep the garments from falling off!?!?!
I’m dying laughing! My mom did this with the one piece because...well....hanging loose wasn’t her style. This brought back memories of watching her close and tuck and anchor things in place :lol:

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Two things as I choke on my glass of milk...
RR, can you tell us more about Sister Sharon Stone?
Also, is the church still making as big of deal of the physical safety properties of garments? It used to be that if you wore garments and accidentally got thrown in a cage with Lions, tigers, black mambas, and Brussels sprouts, you would quite easily remain unharmed. Do the new ones provide this same protection, or are they now made in Bangladesh and don’t provide that level of superness?
~2bizE

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
I feel bad.. but I about peed myself laughing when I read this...
Sorry for your understandable exasperation... You don’t need new therapy, you need a heavy bag to punch and kick.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:04 pm

And are you aware some members have horny fucksex wearing the garments, then visit a doctor because they can’t seem to conceive
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed May 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
On Sunday I was sitting in the primary room minding my own business wrangling two kids in my primary class. Across the room sat Sister Sharon Stone. As she adjusted in her chair, and re-crossed her legs, I got a very unwanted peek-a-boo into her personal space and was blinded by her white and anything but delightsome fundie undies contrasting against her black skirt. I was immediately annoyed and visibly disturbed. Uhggggg really?
:lol:

Ryder, dude, I think I've figured out what's going on. Your Basic Instinct imagery tipped me off.

You have a garment fetish.

It's so obvious now. They turn you on, but they also symbolize the cultiness, lies and whitewashing of church history, so they make you angry, too. You let the anger win and even emphasize it because the alternative is so repulsive.

I think you should just give in to the fetish. Do it like your pioneer forebears!
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu May 02, 2019 12:08 am

Reuben wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:03 pm

:lol:

Ryder, dude, I think I've figured out what's going on. Your Basic Instinct imagery tipped me off.

You have a garment fetish.

It's so obvious now. They turn you on, but they also symbolize the cultiness, lies and whitewashing of church history, so they make you angry, too. You let the anger win and even emphasize it because the alternative is so repulsive.

I think you should just give in to the fetish. Do it like your pioneer forebears!
My therapist suggested the same idea.

I c9mpletely disagree.

If you ask the Google God certain questions with faith you’ll get plenty of answers and quickly learn that any such fantasized garmmet fetish itch can be scratched from the comforts of your own home church pew.

For example:
“When Alma Snow has some misgivings about being a polygamist sister wife, her sister wives decide it's time for a trip to the temple. This is where polygamys go to this, fast, and pray for spiritual guidance. WATCH THE VIDEO”

“[Redacted website] reveals the secret, ritualistic sex practices of a Mormon cult. In Mormon communities, the ultimate breeding power rests with a special Seed Bearer, a man who is chosen by revelation and is feared and ...”

“[Redacted website] is a website with a nice little twist to it, it features members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints that are not allowed to do anything sexual. Ultimately, all of them give in to temptation and end up ...”

God forbid something happens to me and my internet search history is revealed to the world.

I promise I was only reasrching this for purposes of conversing with Rueben at the veil to prove I clearly DO NOT have a garment fetish! :shock:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu May 02, 2019 5:30 am

Recently my wife asked me why I still wear garments. I told her it’s just underwear. She replied “no it isn’t”. Her response bothered me for three reasons:
  • She thinks the ridiculous underwear actually means something significant
  • She thinks I am somehow unworthy to wear it, because I don’t believe in it
  • Why the hell does a church have enough control over my wife that it impacts spousal conversations about what kind of underwear I wear?
Oh well, I always tell myself it could be worse, at least I wasn’t born Scientologist.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Thu May 02, 2019 6:40 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:30 am
Recently my wife asked me why I still wear garments. I told her it’s just underwear. She replied “no it isn’t”. Her response bothered me for three reasons:
  • Why the hell does a church have enough control over my wife that it impacts spousal conversations about what kind of underwear I wear?
Oh well, I always tell myself it could be worse, at least I wasn’t born Scientologist.
Thank the Lord above the missus and I have moved beyond these conversations - I still wear them too, and like you, NBI, they are just the underwear I'm used to now. That's it. And as long as the name of the game is to get them off each other in certain scenarios, I'm not too worried about them. Sis M is still the sweetest thing regardless of what she wears.

But I understand the angst over the topic, it's just not my angst. My angst is still having to show up on Sundays and listening to nonsense. That triggers me, and I have to work through that, and the discussions that follow in my house about the nonsense. Other half of the same coin, perhaps.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

alas

Post by alas » Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 am

Not Buying It wrote:
The church instructs that you are supposed to keep wearing them unless you are excommunicated. Your wife is incorrect that you should stop wearing them just for lack of belief. She doesn’t have the authority to excommunicate you or tell you you are unworthy. If you want to throw that in her face, I am pretty sure it will cause another fight. :lol:

I am sorry, but your wife is weaponizing the garments by telling you you should stop wearing them because you don’t believe. She is trying to guilt you into believing again by telling you how you are unworthy of something **she** feels is special——like telling the kid who hates chocolate cake that he was not good, so he doesn’t get cake. It is her assumption that you still believe on some level because after all, you are still obedient by wearing them, that makes her think this will work.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu May 02, 2019 10:56 am

alas wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 am
I am sorry, but your wife is weaponizing the garments by telling you you should stop wearing them because you don’t believe. She is trying to guilt you into believing again by telling you how you are unworthy of something **she** feels is special——like telling the kid who hates chocolate cake that he was not good, so he doesn’t get cake. It is her assumption that you still believe on some level because after all, you are still obedient by wearing them, that makes her think this will work.
You are probably right to some extent, but I need to be fair, right now we are in a place that is better than we have been with this in years. The occasional incident like this is a very small price to pay for being in the better place we are at.

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Recently my wife asked me why I still wear garments. I told her it’s just underwear. She replied “no it isn’t”.
Or #4. Maybe she believes it isn't "just underwear," not for religious reasons, but for lousy, uncomfortable reasons. I would imagine for men it's not so different than some normal available undies, but for women it just stinks, with a capital SUCK!

But then, I do remember thinking they were special (for about 10 minutes).