Going in for surgery

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Going in for surgery

Post by moksha » Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Going in for cataract surgery tomorrow. Wonder how the world will look after that? :geek:
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: Going in for surgery

Post by Hagoth » Wed May 22, 2019 4:00 pm

The scales will fall from your eyes. That's exciting. Best of luck and please let is know how it goes!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

alas

Post by alas » Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm
Going in for cataract surgery tomorrow. Wonder how the world will look after that? :geek:
Less foggy. I had mine done one year ago. Went from wearing distance glasses to wearing reading glasses with 20/15 distance vision. My eyes are more sensitive still to wind drying them or just plain irritating them. Getting stuff in my eyes hurts more than before, but hey, I can see.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed May 22, 2019 5:13 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm
One of the first things my FIL said after his surgery was, "Hey! My arms have freckles!"

So cataract surgery will make freckles appear on your arms. Nothing to be alarmed about.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:42 pm

My dad had his done a while back and he absolutely loved the results. He could see so much better afterwards and I believe he did say they were sensitive to wind/drying out for a while but it went away.

Good luck tomorrow with your surgery and recovery -- the world will look so much clearer afterwards. :)

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm

You used to think the church was crazy. Now you will clearly see its nuts!

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed May 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks for letting us know. I have placed your name on the rolls of all temples in the Utah Valleys. I have also pronounced a blessing upon your head using remote priesthood powers. I have ordered you some funeral potatoes via amazon. Take rest and recover quickly.
~2bizE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Good Luck!

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed May 22, 2019 8:48 pm

1 Corinthians 13:12

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Best of luck
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Moksha, best wishes to you ! My husband had cataract surgery last year, and he says that the difference is like night and day. He can see so much better now, and the fogginess of his vision has completely cleared up. Then 2 weeks ago, my husband's golf buddy had cataract surgery, and he says that his eyes are much better. Take care, and please let us know how your surgery went. -- Wndr.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 am

Your eyes shall be opened and you shall have knowledge!

“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm

2bizE wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Thanks for letting us know. I have placed your name on the rolls of all temples in the Utah Valleys. I have also pronounced a blessing upon your head using remote priesthood powers. I have ordered you some funeral potatoes via amazon. Take rest and recover quickly.
And I heap upon that additional blessing by way of my ordinations in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Church of the Latter-Day Dude.

So, you're pretty much covered. I don't think we'll be needing those funeral potatoes.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu May 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Is there a support group for penguins raised black and white who come out of the closet after they get their eyes fixed and realize they’re gray? :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 am

2bizE wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Hah! You actually can get funeral potatoes on Amazon. Well, freeze dried ones at least. Just what every Mormon needs in their year's supply.
https://www.amazon.com/Augason-Farms-Fu ... B06XYRXLJM
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm

The cataract surgery was without incident. My eye feels better today. Had a followup today and the Doc gave it an okay. I can tell that my reading glasses prescription has changed.

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm
The cataract surgery was without incident. My eye feels better today. Had a followup today and the Doc gave it an okay. I can tell that my reading glasses prescription has changed.

All because you had the faith to be healed.

Glad it went well and you are already cleared by the doc -- enjoy the long weekend to continue recovering :)

græy

Post by græy » Fri May 24, 2019 3:12 pm

moksha wrote:

I was out for a few days and just saw this today. I'm glad everything went well!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat May 25, 2019 10:01 am

Newme

Post by Newme » Sat May 25, 2019 10:17 pm

moksha wrote:

Glad it went well!