Anybody marching in the pride parade today?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Anybody marching in the pride parade today?

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:12 am

If you show up as a rando and want someone to hang out with I'll be with the Oasis Community group (my secular Sunday school). We're meeting up at 9:45 in the staging area between 3rd and 4th South on 2nd West.

Alas, I have nothing rainbow-colored to wear.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Re: Anybody marching in the pride parade today?

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Wow, that was HUGE. At least 5X the number of participants and onlookers I had expected. Someone told me it is growing exponentially. I was surprised by the large turnout from corporations and news agencies as participants in the parade. Mormons Building Bridges was well represented. I never even found my group amid the teeming masses so I just sort of fell in between the atheists and roller derby.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Way to be, Hagoth. I saw it on the news. I’m interested in the Oasis Community. What’s it about? When/where do they meet?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:54 pm

This was the first thing showing up on Google: http://www.saltlakeoasis.org/
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:16 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 pm
Yeah, but they weren't where their map said they would be. It turned out they got moved to a different staging area and posted the change on Facebook (where I seldom look). I had a great time anyway.