My Journey out from the flock, Getting a Coffee Maker

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Geocacher

My Journey out from the flock, Getting a Coffee Maker

Post by Geocacher » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Just bought a K-Classic K55 unit, and it is fun, brewing up coffee. Before now, I never touched traditional coffee makers. I grind my own, and throw it in the Keurig. Hopefully, I can visit this forum, more often.

What is your favorite ways of getting your Caffeine, and what you drink ?

Just This Guy

Re: My Journey out from the flock, Getting a Coffee Maker

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Pick up a cheap drip style unit. You can get them for as little as $20 at Walmart, cheaper if you get one without the timer. If nothing else, this is good education for the in and outs of coffee,

My first one was a Kureg as well, but they are a pain to maintain. Mine eventually got to be too much hassle and it got relegated to a shelf in the basement and I haven't use in a while. My main unit is a Cusinart Grind-n-Brew. Drip system with build in automatic grinder for really convenient fresh ground coffee.

Espresso can be really fun to play with, if rather tricky to do well.

A french Press or cold brew maker are also cheap and have interesting possibilities.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:22 am

I have a Ninja single serve that I use mainly when it's cold. I like that you don't have to mess with cups or any of that.

I mainly drink cold brew which I either make myself (1/2 gallon mason jar and special sieve) or buy at the grocery store (Stok usually).

My friend who makes fantastic coffee uses a French press and freshly ground beans.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 am

I stopped drinking soda about 6 months ago which eliminated 95% of my caffeine intake.

I replaced with the free coffee from work but got tired of it. Now I do the occasional DD iced Carmel machiatto.

Drinking more water and paying attention to hydration has made me feel much better.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg