Thrive

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Thrive

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Did anyone attend the Thrive conference today?
http://thrivebeyondmormonism.com/
I was there for a while, but only to help man the Oasis Community booth.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

jfro18

Re: Thrive

Post by jfro18 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:11 pm

A guy that recently left the church actually flew out for it - im curious to hear his thoughts.

Im near Chicago so it's far from Mormon dense... in one ward I am about to have lunch with 4 people who either recently left or are doing the slow fade out. I find that to be amazing because we started at two, then one of their wives broke, and now another ward member saw a Facebook comment and admitted they no longer believe.

The work is moving forward :lol:

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:16 am

I saw the title ad I thought this was going to be about food storage.

Before I left, food storage was big in my ward and they were really pushing sales of Thrive and Emergency Essentials stuff. That was actually one of the major things on my self. The local church pushing sales of this stuff through basically fear tactics.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:32 pm

FYI: Dehlin has been streaming this almost all day today on FaceNeck.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm

It would be great if such events could be known about ahead of time. Message boards such as this one could help inform those potentially interested prior to the event.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:53 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm
It would be great if such events could be known about ahead of time. Message boards such as this one could help inform those potentially interested prior to the event.
Yes. A calendar of events would be a nice addition to NOM.
~2bizE