My son’s the last formal holdout

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Meilingkie

My son’s the last formal holdout

Post by Meilingkie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:52 am

This afternoon during a lovely sushi-lunch I posited the question whether my girl would want to resign from the Church.
She asked why she should. Missionaries and members give my ex and the kids a wide berth.
Ex resigned, I did it for her.

DD felt it not needed till I pointed out that her greataunt might not like a knock on her door. From ministring people or missionaries.

Let’s do this then she said.

So now my son is the last one standing.
Though he and his GF well...... they have a full relationship. He doesn’t give a hoot about the Church anymore either.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Corsair

Re: My son’s the last formal holdout

Post by Corsair » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Meilingkie wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:52 am
Though he and his GF well...... they have a full relationship. He doesn’t give a hoot about the Church anymore either.
At a certain point we all largely stop worrying about what the institutional church thinks. The only problem is that your son will have the occasional ministering inquiry from some zealous Elders Quorum President, although that sounds increasingly unlikely in Europe.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Mel,
Does quitmormon.com work in the Netherlands or is it just a USA thing?
~2bizE

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am

Works perfectly fine :mrgreen:
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"