The awkward masturbation talk

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

The awkward masturbation talk

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:52 am

Anyone ever have a masturbation talk that didn’t go very well? I had an unexpected masturbation talk over the weekend that popped up at an inconvenient time. I wasn’t prepared for it. I always dreaded the talk from my dad and swore I would never make these talks awkward.

Me: I think it’s normal and natural to masturbate. You shouldn’t feel guilty about it.

Her: uh, (awkward postering) I don’t know. Isn’t it a sin?

Me: (thinking to myself, this is really weird conversation to be having...) why do you think it’s a sin?

Her: I was taught it was during YW lessons and the law of chastity implies it. Besides, I don’t want to feel guilty.

Me: you shouldn’t feel guilty. It’s a normal thing to do. You should probably always remember to lock your bedroom door. Don’t feel like you have to ever confess. The bishop doesn’t need to know your personal business.

Her: um.... yeah I probably won’t by myself but thanks for the conversation. You're a great husband even if you forgot to charge the vibrator! 😱
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

RubinHighlander

Re: The awkward masturbation talk

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:16 pm

LOL! Oh man, thanks for sharing. I think this will always feel like an awkward topic for me, just because of the years of programming. Good advice: keep the toilet seat down and the vibrator charged! :lol:
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:52 pm

:lol:

Just when I think I am safe lurking here I read one of these posts RR.

I was raised Mormon, I have experienced no fewer than 50 talks, conversations, pamphlets about masturbation that were all freaky uncomfortable and weird.

Now I've got the "Little Factory" musical running on my "Mind Stage," It starts with an animation of the cover of Boyd K Packer's Pamphlet which sprouts arms and legs and dances and sings to "Come, Come Ye Saints"

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:03 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:52 pm

I was raised Mormon, I have experienced no fewer than 50 talks, conversations, pamphlets about masturbation that were all freaky uncomfortable and weird.

Now I've got the "Little Factory" musical running on my "Mind Stage," It starts with an animation of the cover of Boyd K Packer's Pamphlet which sprouts arms and legs and dances and sings to "Come, Come Ye Saints"

Here is the Infants on Thrones version of the musical, sung by BKP himself, followed by a pocast about that very pamphlet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvNG0_3sUI&t=61
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:52 am
Me: you shouldn’t feel guilty. It’s a normal thing to do. You should probably always remember to lock your bedroom door. Don’t feel like you have to ever confess. The bishop doesn’t need to know your personal business.
Fluffy addition, If the awkward conversation is with one of your kids: You don't have to confess to the bishop, and your mother doesn't need to know either!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:01 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Elder Packer realized that masturbation was an industrial problem and that management needed to shut down all those little factories before labor produced a supply side economy. He wished to tie labor's hands to the bedposts before the oversupply was reached. His assumption what that if you shackle the labor force before it can mature then it will remain forever obedient and dutifully pay tithes and other fees.

Sometimes labor needs to break its chains and buzz free.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Somegirl

Post by Somegirl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Anyone ever have a masturbation talk that didn’t go very well?
Totally. Hubby’s friend and (friend’s) wife told me all about his experiment with masturbating after leaving the church. Guess what?! He didn’t feel guilty at all!! While I’m happy that the guilt and shame have gone, I really would have been ok not knowing about that experience...

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Me: I think it’s normal and natural to masturbate. You shouldn’t feel guilty about it.

Her: uh, (awkward postering) I don’t know. Isn’t it a sin?
The fact that the church is involved with this topic and insists on shaming its members or prying into their personal lives is one of the reasons why church membership will continue to decline ( even in the Morridor where it seems as if every neighborhood is 100% Mormon). It's ridiculous, overbearing, and highly oppressive for the church to be involved in anyone's personal life to this extent.

NO ONE -- not your kids, your spouse, your relatives - NO ONE should have to answer any bishop's prying questions in order to be considered "worthy". It's always infuriated me that the church believes it can control its members to this extent. It's simply ridiculous. :roll: - Wndr.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:01 pm
Sometimes labor needs to break its chains and buzz free.
Rise up, comrades, the revolution is here! The means of production must be in the hands of the workers!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Her: I was taught it was during YW lesson...
First people need to start recognizing the raising of the red flag when they hear that, along with with such sage advice as "my bishop said...," Elder Oaks said...," my seminary teacher said," and "my mom said that my grandma said that Joseph Smith said..."

Then they need to add "the prophet said..." to the red flag list,

Finally they should add, "but Carl Sagan (or Bill Nye) said..."

Have you never noticed that discussion of sexuality and masturbation never includes the statement "Jesus said..."?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am
Rise up, comrades, the revolution is here! The means of production must be in the hands of the workers!
"The needs of the one and the needs of the many can at times be the same thing."
-- The Erotic Spock, Roddenberry-Penguin Books
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:59 am

slavereeno wrote:

How did Jimmy Marsden get on the cover of that pamphlet?
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:09 pm

[/quote]How did Jimmy Marsden get on the cover of that pamphlet?[/quote]

Maybe he was a masturbation All-Star so they awarded him with the additional shame and guilt by putting him on the pamphlet.

Newme

Post by Newme » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 am
Have you never noticed that discussion of sexuality and masturbation never includes the other statement "Jesus said..."?
Yes, I have.
https://youtu.be/T8U4xe41eY4