Escape Rooms

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Escape Rooms

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:30 pm

I put this under support. Was looking at escape rooms (never been), but thought this business had something unique. A LDS Escape Room. If it were only that simple. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://getoutgames.com/lds-escape-room/
~2bizE

jfro18

Re: Escape Rooms

Post by jfro18 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:54 pm

hahahahaha... someone needs to design a real LDS escape room. That would be absolutely hilarious.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Um... LD$-Inc. already has the ultimate escape room:

You have to answer a few questions to get in. (Maybe fib a little about some of those questions.)

Pay 10% of your "income."

You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is going to happen the first time you enter.

You get to dress in silly clothing.

You're supposed to chant in a circle around an alter your first time.

You don't get out unless you learn the secret "tokens" and handshakes.

Us old folks had even more fun back in the day: Pretending to kill ourselves to "escape."

Good Times!
(NOT really...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:03 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:02 pm

You have to answer a few questions to get in. (Maybe fib a little about some of those questions.)

Us old folks had even more fun back in the day: Pretending to kill ourselves to "escape."

Good Times!
(NOT really...)

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:09 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Good Times!
(NOT really...)
How about the escape room they put you in when you're 8? You get deeper in as time goes by until you make promises you weren't prepared for in a ceremony taken from medieval guilds. Then they send you off to a foreign country where you find out that everything you were told about the "Spirit" is known to be a lie, since they don't ask you to rely on the Holy Ghost. They give you training in traditional sales like the vacuum cleaner guy who came by the house when you were a kid. Then you get home, get married to someone who expects you to be perfect, asexual, and amazingly spiritual and gets really pissed off when you can't possibly meet the expectations. Hell, the GA's don't meet those expectations but your spouse doesn't know that. You keep giving a significant chunk of your money to them because it's what you've always done. They ask you about it once or twice a year to make sure you are kept in line. You have little savings. Your family and friends all expect you to be the perfect M-word. Even the nevermos in your life expect you to stay TBM. Getting out means disappointing almost everyone around you.

I'm going camping one of these Sundays. That's probably the way out.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:29 pm

blazerb wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:09 pm
How about the escape room they put you in when you're 8? You get deeper in as time goes by until you make promises you weren't prepared for in a ceremony taken from medieval guilds. Then they send you off to a foreign country where you find out that everything you were told about the "Spirit" is known to be a lie, since they don't ask you to rely on the Holy Ghost. They give you training in traditional sales like the vacuum cleaner guy who came by the house when you were a kid. Then you get home, get married to someone who expects you to be perfect, asexual, and amazingly spiritual and gets really pissed off when you can't possibly meet the expectations. Hell, the GA's don't meet those expectations but your spouse doesn't know that. You keep giving a significant chunk of your money to them because it's what you've always done. They ask you about it once or twice a year to make sure you are kept in line. You have little savings. Your family and friends all expect you to be the perfect M-word. Even the nevermos in your life expect you to stay TBM. Getting out means disappointing almost everyone around you.

I'm going camping one of these Sundays. That's probably the way out.
That's not an Escape "Room", that's an Escape "Life".

Yeah, I'm a bit depressed now. Seems the only way I'm gonna escape that "life" is... Well... I'll escape when I die. :evil:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Do they have to tell people not to fast beforehand so they won't be able to discern their way out of the escape room within the first 5 minutes?
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:48 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:29 pm
That's not an Escape "Room", that's an Escape "Life".

Yeah, I'm a bit depressed now. Seems the only way I'm gonna escape that "life" is... Well... I'll escape when I die. :evil:
There was a point where I realized that my bishop was asking me to just live while waiting to die. That is evil. I am not willing to do that. I will get out of my current situation.

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:25 pm

2bizE wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:30 pm
I put this under support. Was looking at escape rooms (never been), but thought this business had something unique. A LDS Escape Room. If it were only that simple. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dang! I thought it was tongue in cheek, and was reading the answers in that vein - but as I got farther down, I realized they were probably serious, then realized that they were.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:46 pm

2bizE wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:30 pm
The irony is screaming out just below the surface. But orthodox believers are entirely unable to hear it.