Stay calm about misunderstandings

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Stay calm about misunderstandings

Post by moksha » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:35 am

It can be unproductive when you lose your cool based on a misunderstanding. Consider the case of Donald Trump. He was on his way home from a meeting with leaders in Asia. When Airforce One landed in Honolulu, Trump became enraged when the President of Hawaii was not on hand to greet his plane. After his aids patiently listened to his tirade, they were able to calm him down and explain that the Hawaiian President was stuck in traffic.

Take a deep breath and may the 4th be with you.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

RubinHighlander

Re: Stay calm about misunderstandings

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:55 am

Well ocean bird dude, I'm glad to see I took your advice before even receiving it. I haven't had any big rants as of late, but all the "deep breaths" I took on the 4th certainly provided lots of calm, hyperbole and pleasant moments.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

MoPag

Re: Stay calm about misunderstandings

Post by MoPag » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound