Sunday Closing Laws Explained

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Sunday Closing Laws Explained

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Keeping things open and closed on Sunday is for a variety of reasons, for instance, the City of Provo, Utah found that golf courses should be kept open on Sunday because members of the Lord's Church conduct business on the courses, however, the Provo Municipal Pool was closed on Sunday because it was determined that Satan ruled the waters.

Hope that helps.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Linked

Re: Sunday Closing Laws Explained

Post by Linked » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Everything not on the water at Bear Lake is closed on Sundays, even the fabulous LaBeau's milkshake shop. But getting a Seadoo rental was no problem.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:51 pm

I guess that's why there are no baptisms on Sundays? Damn those waters!

Moksha, have you had your DNA tested? Just wondering if you are any relation to Birdman on Rick and Morty.

“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:38 am

My first F&T meeting at BYU-I, one of the Bishopric gets up and talk about how he went into the Rexburg Wal-Mart and "stood for truth and righteousness." I guess the Rexburg Wal-Mart had decided to open on Sundays. But this guy wasn't having any of that. He said he told the manager that this community was founded on morals and how dare he violate those morals by staying open on Sunday. This was my first F&T Sunday in the morridoor. And I remember being like WTF?!? that poor store manager.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:23 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:51 pm
I guess that's why there are no baptisms on Sundays? Damn those waters!

Moksha, have you had your DNA tested? Just wondering if you are any relation to Birdman on Rick and Morty.

Don’t dox the bird.

He’s still standing in line at the Urgent Care waiting to get his DNA tested. It was the only facility open on Sunday.

Mopag, my cousin was a door greeter at the Rexburg Wal-Mart and she would instantly recognize many patrons on Sunday and play a game of fast look away as if not looking at each other meant she wasn’t there working on the sabbath and they weren’t there shopping on the sabbath.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg