Spouseman rides again!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Thoughtful

Spouseman rides again!

Post by Thoughtful » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 pm

Spouseman was a great (read: sincere) TBM, but now we are out. Nonbelievers and non attenders.

So of late, he's been disappearing a few hours here and there. I figured he needed a break from waiting on me after my surgery or had something to do at the office.

I found out what he's been up to: some stranger on the community facebook page posted a thank you thread addressed to him. Their UHaul reservation was canceled at the last minute by the franchise location. They didn't have a truck available. So apparently spouseman hitched up his trailer, spent the day moving the guy, and declined payment. Said, "spend it on your wife and kids."

Last week he was tagged after he bought a bunch of ammo and took an acquaintance target shooting. Guy was down on love, needed to get out, so Spouseman took the teens along and they had an afternoon. I knew he was taking the kids, but didn't know they brought the guy along.

Anyway, a couple other similar events lately as well helping someone in a pinch. Made me smile.

moksha

Re: Spouseman rides again!

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Sounds like a guy with great values.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:31 am

What an awesome guy!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Advocate

Post by Advocate » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:08 am

Good for him.

A great reminder for all of us that just because we might not want to engage with the LDS church as much as we used to, we should still engage in loving and helping others.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:38 pm

Advocate wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:08 am
Good for him.

A great reminder for all of us that just because we might not want to engage with the LDS church as much as we used to, we should still engage in loving and helping others.
And that LDSCORP doesn't have a corner on the market for service. I think it can be empowering to realize the church doesn't own the authority to decide who gets help and when. You can just help. And the church isn't making/ inspiring you do it, you do it because you're that helpful. Helping feels good.