NOM friends at Sunstone

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

NOM friends at Sunstone

Post by Hagoth » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:14 am

I'm happy to report that our pirate friend gave a really entertaining presentation at Sunstone yesterday. I wish all of you could have been there.

I'm looking forward to seeing Corsair again today and to finally meeting Consiglieri and/or his special friend RFM. If any of you are planning to be there today we should think of some way to identify each other.

I have a drone gig today so I may only make it to RFM's presentation but I'll try to be there as early as possible. I don't really stand out among the other 60-ish dudes (there are a lot of 'em) but I'll be wearing a gray cap and my name tag will say "Kellan," written in a childish scrawl.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Re: NOM friends at Sunstone

Post by MoPag » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:12 am

So fun! Way to go Pirate! It's my dream to make it up to Sunstone someday. :)
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:17 pm

RFM's presentation was excellent and very entertaining. I hope he will post it as a podcast, but Sunstone may require you to purchase it as a download from their site. Well worth it.

I had predicted a paper bag over his head a la The Unknown Comic, but he appeared as a shadow projected onto a sheet. The entire session was a
Q and A. My favorite comment was when someone asked if he knocked three times would he at least be permitted to see RFM's hand, to which RFM replied, "Yes, but you may be surprised to see that it only has one finger."

At the end there was a sort of vote to decide whether RFM should reveal himself and the veil was dropped to cries of "Tear down the wall!"

I really appreciated Bill Reel's presence and comments too.

A good time was had by all.

Thanks again to Corsair for some great conversation.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:38 pm

If I lived anywhere near Utah I would attend for sure. In 2015 by random chance I happened to be in the area on a trip and I caught one session on the last day. I also got to briefly and awkwardly meet a few people I admire. It was memorable.

græy

Post by græy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:17 pm
RFM's presentation was excellent and very entertaining. I hope he will post it as a podcast, but Sunstone may require you to purchase it as a download from their site. Well worth it.

I had predicted a paper bag over his head a la The Unknown Comic, but he appeared as a shadow projected onto a sheet. The entire session was a
Q and A. My favorite comment was when someone asked if he knocked three times would he at least be permitted to see RFM's hand, to which RFM replied, "Yes, but you may be surprised to see that it only has one finger."

At the end there was a sort of vote to decide whether RFM should reveal himself and the veil was dropped to cries of "Tear down the wall!"

I really appreciated Bill Reel's presence and comments too.

A good time was had by all.

Thanks again to Corsair for some great conversation.
That sounds like a good session to have been to! Maybe next year for me!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:05 am

It was really fun to meet RFM and Hagoth at Sunstone. In introduced myself as Corsair to both RFM and Bill Reel and they were very gracious. Sunstone was a fun weekend and I will have to produced a longer write up shortly.