KSL websites go down: Satan at work

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

KSL websites go down: Satan at work

Post by 2bizE » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:03 am

I just saw an article on KSL about a power outage. Didn’t really read much though.
How long before people start saying it was Satan trying to disrupt the efforts of the church?

https://www.ksl.com/article/46610184/ks ... -heres-why
~2bizE

FiveFingerMnemonic

Re: KSL websites go down: Satan at work

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:14 pm

I think the irony lies in the fact that KSL employees like Deenie Wimmer and Ashley Kewish and the other reporters have to work on Sundays. God is pissed they don't shut down the station on the sabbath.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Perhaps Satan did not approve of today's musical selections on Music and the Spoken Word. You would think Satan would be content ruling the waters and making pass interferences at BYU football games.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:47 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:14 pm
I think the irony lies in the fact that KSL employees like Deenie Wimmer and Ashley Kewish and the other reporters have to work on Sundays. God is pissed they don't shut down the station on the sabbath.

Nah, they don't pay them for Sundays, so it is not work.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 am

Just This Guy wrote:
FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Nah, they don't pay them for Sundays, so it is not work.
Do they really all work pro-bono on Sundays? That is interesting if true.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

I actually have no idea. My comment was made in jest. That being said, I could see LDS inc. asking people to work pro-bono so they don't break the sabbath, a well as reduce labor costs. However if they did, I could see it being major leak if it were to happen.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Geocacher

Post by Geocacher » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:29 pm

You could blame Satan, for things, since he, and his fallen angels, wreck havoc, upon this Earth. We are in a period, of heavy power usage, especially, to chill the server farms, so it's likely for websites to go down.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:05 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:27 pm
Perhaps Satan did not approve of today's musical selections on Music and the Spoken Word. You would think Satan would be content ruling the waters and making pass interferences at BYU football games.
I'm sure Satan leans toward the Broadway tunes the Choir seems so fond of in the past few years. He's making great inroads.

Good luck just hoping to hear sacred Christian hymns on the Sabbath anymore. :roll:
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 am

Palerider wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:05 am
Good luck just hoping to hear sacred Christian hymns on the Sabbath anymore. :roll:
I really like the Tabernacle Choir's rendition of the Paul Anka song, "She's having Our Baby".
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha