Keewon? Is that you?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Keewon? Is that you?

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm

Welcome back to NOM!

You’ve been missed. How the heck are you?

Give us an update...
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Keewon

Re: Keewon? Is that you?

Post by Keewon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Red! Yes, it's me. My experience is similar to most of the other old timers'- loved NOM and couldn't live without my daily (hourly, minutely?) fix, NOM disappeared out from under my life, grieved awhile, moved on, then Googling about one day recently I found it alive and kicking, with many of the folks I knew and loved. It seems there are cigars in heaven after all (reference to CS Lewis...)!

I'm working under a pretty heavy work deadline, but have every intention of giving an update when I have some time to do so. In the meantime I've been falling back into my old ways of work, check NOM updates, work a bit more, check more NOM updates ...

Until I can tell you more, let me just say how much I've missed you folks. I love the intelligence, humor and humanity of this place. I could believe in heaven if there is a NOM there. :)

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Welcome back!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

græy

Post by græy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 am

I don't know you, but I'm glad you've come back! It sounds like RR and Hagoth both vouch for you and as they say... "A friend of my friend is my friend's friend." Wait, is that right?

:D
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Keewon

Post by Keewon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 am

There are very few things in life one can be absolutely sure of, it seems. A tautology is thankfully one of them.

:)

Keewon

Post by Keewon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 am

Sorry- my last was in response to græy's "A friend of my friend is my friend's friend."

I need to re-learn this formatting thing...

Keewon

Post by Keewon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks for your welcome, Hagoth. I've always loved your icon- it is a perfect image of the ridiculousness of certain Mormon beliefs.

I don't believe I will be posting here nearly as often as when NOM was serving as a pressure release valve in my life, but I really do enjoy the quality of conversation here and will pop in every so often to try to lower it. :)

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 am

Can’t wait for your update!

Participating here, we always get to watch people disconnect from Mormonism as they go through the process but don’t always get to see how people learn to build a new life and connect with reality.

Glad to hear you made it to the other side. :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg