WOMEN can now be a witness to baptisms!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
glass shelf

Re: WOMEN can now be a witness to baptisms!

Post by glass shelf » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:04 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:38 am
What does this really matter?

I'm not trying to diminish it... just honestly not sure what this matters?

They can witness it but they still can't perform it... so what does this really do but provide some lipstick on the fact that they are lesser than a 12 year old boy?

It's progress, but isn't it all cosmetic?
All this. I think it's super insulting.

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:43 am
MoPag wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:03 am
Thank you Aunt Wendy!

and Aunt Sheri!
Ha ha ha ha. Ha!

She’s been whispering something in his ear at night! Ruuuuuuuselll, Russsssssssel, this is God.... listen up my prophet duuuuuuuude....you need to allow women to witness baptisms, bless the sick, and chooooooioose their own underwear!
:lol: :lol: :lol: This visual of Wendy whispering in his ear at night......"Pssst, Russell, it's God!" is hilarious. It's only a cosmetic change, but it allows TBM women to consider themselves ever-so-liberated when proselytizing on their mommy blogs. :lol:

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

Suppose you granted that God does not want women to hold the priesthood (I don't believe that at all, but I'm going to suppose), there are still so many things you could have women do that are currently off limits. Why are not all those changes made? Why can't women be clerks or auditors? Why can't women prepare and pass the sacrament? Why can't women be in SS presidencies, or YM presidencies for that matter? Ok that last one might lead to men being in other auxiliary presidencies and dilute women's voices even more. But why can't more women be invited to ward council and stake council? Why can't an RS president counsel women in crisis, or men even if everyone's comfortable? Why can't women be giving half the talks and prayers in GC? There is so much more we could do to involve women in the church.

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:50 pm

It does beg the question though...

Was barring women and children from doing so previously contrary to Gods will? In which case, our former leaders were leading us astray.

Or, are our current leaders mistaken and this is still a priesthood responsibility? Hence, our current leaders are leading us astray.

Or, is Mormon God schizophrenic, and can't make up his mind? In which case they might both be wrong, or both be right...hmmm

Or, the whole damn thing is made up and doctrine is whatever Rusty's lighted pen says it is.

-lost