Warren Jeffs is more honest than RMN?!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MalcolmVillager

Warren Jeffs is more honest than RMN?!!

Post by MalcolmVillager » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm

I am listening to the Last Podcast on the Left series on Mormonism. It is funny and sadly too true.

They are finishing up with the WJ story. They played a recording of his confession that he is not the prophet and was never the prophet. It took a fall from grace and a life sentence to get the truth.

However, RMN should be able to say the same.

If his rise to power is anything like my experience with crossing thresholds (becoming an adult, becoming a missionary, getting married, getting a degree, getting the High Priesthood, getting set apart to dozens of callings, etc....), he probably woke up the next day and said, "shit, it is all made up?! No personal visit from JC? No Angel's? No visions?

He has to acknowledge that his midnight prompt8for his yellow pad are not prophetic.

Sadly, he will keep doubling down, doing his best, playing the part, faking it until he makes it, etc....

deacon blues

Re: Warren Jeffs is more honest than RMN?!!

Post by deacon blues » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm

I wouldn’t want to trade places with Warren or Russell. I think we all practice some self deception, but the level that Jeffs and Nelson have to sustain is very sad.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 pm

I would truly love to know what Nelson thinks he is... along with the other leaders.

At some point you have to realize nothing has changed, so you'd think that would make you realize that this idea of being a prophet, seer, and revelator is absolute BS...but you've spent your whole life getting there and love the perks.

The old pious fraud vs fraud vs believer narrative and I have no idea what to make of it.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am

Personally, I think President Nelson tells himself whatever he has to tell himself to convince himself he's what he claims to be. He probably sees his notepad scribbling revelations in the middle of the night as bona fide revelations, and has made up reasons why he has never seen Christ or God or even a lowly angel. He's probably got a pretty sophisticated web of rationalizations and defense mechanisms in place that keep him believing he is a prophet. One of the mightiest prophets of the last few decades, who got rid of the three hour block and introduced ministering and other mighty, earth-shattering revelations.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph