Why I locked the Not If But When thread

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Why I locked the Not If But When thread

Post by Hagoth » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:19 pm

I locked the topic while I consult with my fellow wizards (to quote Mr. Oz)

Regardless of how you feel about this topic, the nature of the discussion has turned in a direction that is not conducive to the spirit of NOM (some of my comments included).

NOM is a home for people who in need a safe environment of mutual support and our members include people of all genders and orientations. We have had some of them, unfortunately, fall away due to divisiveness on this topic in the past.

We very rarely have any need to moderate. In the history of this board there have been two bannings (for massive spamming and a personal threat of physical harm. ETA: on second thought, only one of those ended up getting banned). and maybe two or three private warnings.

There are plenty of places on the internet for this type of argument. If someone wants to PM me with a suggestion of where they would like to continue the argument outside of NOM I will gladly post that information.

If my fellow moderators disagree with my action I will remove the lock immediately.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Re: Why I locked the Not If But When thread

Post by CaptainSalty » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:46 am

The moderator team reviewed the post and decided there was too much ugliness to leave up on the board. We respect the right for people to have an opinion but will not tolerate hate. The internet has other places to go if you want to demonstrate your hatred for gay people. We at NOM choose love first.

Newme, since you have been warned before you will now be banned for 7 days. The next time will result in a permanent ban.

Iwanttotalk, consider this your first warning. NOM isn’t the right place for you if you are coming in angry only to stir the pot.