Taking off the garment

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Emower

Re: Taking off the garment

Post by Emower » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Well, I just went to the store and got new underwear. I'm looking forward to them. This is a strange thing to be doing in my 30's.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Emower wrote:Well, I just went to the store and got new underwear. I'm looking forward to them. This is a strange thing to be doing in my 30's.
Actually, buying underwear is normal.

The "strange" part is the beliefs attached to the underwear you were previously involved with purchasing.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 am

I continue to wear garments for two reasons. First is the common reason that many of us share, that it reduces friction in the marriage because garments seem to have some sort of ghostly connection to the wedding ring. Second is that, for whatever reason, my local leaders keep giving me a temple recommend and it seems weird to have the membership card and not wear the uniform. Garments/no garments is no big deal for me either way. What is a big deal is that every two years I have to sit down with two fifty-something year old men and convince then that I'm wearing my underwear in a way that meets their approval. This is probably the creepiest, most cult-like activity in my life. I just try my best to smile and appreciate the silliness of it when those around me take it so damn seriously. Same with the secret handshakes and baker hats.

BTW, I think Mrs. Hagoth makes any kind of underwear look sexy.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."