LDS Wombats help fire victims

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

LDS Wombats help fire victims

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 am

Burrowing residents of Outback Branch have been ministering to fire victims.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/animals/wombat ... bushfires/
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Re: LDS Wombats help fire victims

Post by MoPag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:40 am

Now I want a wombat!!
iwantone!!.png
iwantone!!.png (201.58 KiB) Viewed 3221 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 am

Relief societies in the local Stakes have been scrambling to make little yellow t-shirts.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:05 am

DPRoberts wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 am
Relief societies in the local Stakes have been scrambling to make little yellow t-shirts.
Oh My Gods!!! That would be the cutest thing ever!!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm

DPRoberts wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 am
The yellow t-shirts emblazoned with the words Volunteer - LDS Church would give much-needed publicity. It would make up for that fiasco on Zandar Prime, where one of the cinematographers for the I Am Mormon campaign grew frustrated and tried setting a member on fire because he kept repeating, "I am Groot".
Last edited by moksha on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Hmmm. Those wombats must be Christians. Everyone knows that non-theists are incapable of altruism. Why do it if you don't know God will punish you for not doing it, right?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm
Hmmm. Those wombats must be Christians.
Pretty sure the non-theist wombats are making their burrows available as sanctuaries as well. I doubt the non-theist wombats will also be greeting the fire victims with a plate of cookies.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:58 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:07 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm
Hmmm. Those wombats must be Christians.
Pretty sure the non-theist wombats are making their burrows available as sanctuaries as well. I doubt the non-theist wombats will also be greeting the fire victims with a plate of cookies.
And taking advantage of their captive audience to invite the Wombelders to drop by.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."