Shout out and Thank You to jfro18!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
græy

Shout out and Thank You to jfro18!

Post by græy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Some great posts on your blog recently! I've even had a chance to refer a few people. I'll follow up and see if they actually read any of it. Thanks for all you do!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

moksha

Re: Shout out and Thank You to jfro18!

Post by moksha » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:16 pm

Why not post a link for us NOMiees?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

annotatedbom

Post by annotatedbom » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:16 pm
This, por favor.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm

annotatedbom wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am
moksha wrote:
This, por favor.
Link Fairy 🧚‍♀️ to the rescue!

https://www.ldsdiscussions.com/

Jfro I don’t know where you find the time or desire to do this but will echo graey’s kudos.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

annotatedbom

Post by annotatedbom » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm
annotatedbom wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am
moksha wrote:
This, por favor.

Jfro I don’t know where you find the time or desire to do this but will echo graey’s kudos.
Okay, I didn't know Jfro was "LDSDiscussions." I started reading that just this last week, and yes, great stuff.

Thanks RR!

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:23 pm

I just saw this - thank you!

I hadn't had time the last few months because of work, but had a few slow days this past week and figured I'd try cranking some stuff out.

One day I'll get to my bigger project for the site, but for now just going to roll with some short blog posts until work hits the slow period in a month or so.

But thank you for the shoutout! I love getting emails/messages from people who have said the site has helped them in their journey/path/etc and I will say that the absolute best parts of the site are the annotated essays that Hagoth did on Book of Mormon translation, Book of Abraham, Polygamy/Polyandry, and DNA and the Book of Mormon. Reading those essays he did about ~18 months ago really helped me a lot, so in a lot of ways that was the format and idea I've tried to stay with since. So thanks to Hagoth for allowing me to post those and for the inspiration!

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
It is really cathartic to do... because I can't actually *talk* to anyone here about any of this since my wife will not listen and my non-Mormon friends just think it's both hilarious and insane.

So the little blog posts are pretty quick... if I spent more time I think they could be a lot more interactive and better, but hopefully they are helpful to some people. I think the three I did in the last week were like... 4-6 hours total of computer time, so that's not too bad. When I'm waiting for pickups @ work I sometimes have notihng to do, so that's a good time killer. :lol:

græy

Post by græy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Red Ryder wrote:

Thanks for getting this in there, RR! I haven't had time to follow NOM to closely recently, so I'm a bit slow on replies.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

græy

Post by græy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 pm

annotatedbom wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm
Okay, I didn't know Jfro was "LDSDiscussions." I started reading that just this last week, and yes, great stuff.

Thanks RR!
Our friend has multiple personality disorder... Or maybe just multiple identities. But he's famous!!