What are you doing to protect your family against the virus?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Re: What are you doing to protect your family against the virus?

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 pm

alas wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:26 pm
Anyone have no side effects from the vaccine? My arm was not even sore, just nothing. Anyone heard the “why” behind lack of side effects? Did they just inject me with water? My husband had a slightly sore arm, about like a small bruise. His sister claims it is because we had covid.
I had Covid back at the end/beg of year.

Got the J&J vax yesterday.

Spent today with mild flu like symptoms and achy.

I know others who had Covid and similar symptoms after a vax.

It just varies among people.

So Alas, you sound like you were one of the few with no issues.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:00 am

I had my second Moderna shot yesterday. Today I feel like somebody took a baseball bat to my arm and I'm a bit achy, tired and foggy, but nothing to write home about (barely enough to write NOM about).
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 am

I had COVID back in August, but my symptoms were fairly mild at the time; just down for a couple of days. I had my first dose of the vaccine (Moderna) last week and the only thing I had was a sore arm. No other symptoms. We'll see how dose 2 goes later this month.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:10 am

I was able to get the Pfizer vaccine last year before Christmas. I had some minor fatigue with my second dose that lasted about a day or so.
~2bizE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:00 am
I had my second Moderna shot yesterday. Today I feel like somebody took a baseball bat to my arm and I'm a bit achy, tired and foggy, but nothing to write home about (barely enough to write NOM about).
This is me after dose #2.

I got "the chills" ~15 hours after the shot - nothing like cold sweats or anything, just "chilly/feverish" enough to know that my immune system is busy making those sweet, sweet antibodies and t-cells.

Next day just a bit achy. Like I had just a bit "too-good" of a workout the day before.

I might have a bit more desire to buy Microsoft products, but I'm just to lazy to make an effort...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Feeling back to normal today.

Arm still a bit sore.

No Microsoft temptations today.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 am
I might have a bit more desire to buy Microsoft products, but I'm just to lazy to make an effort...
I have an overwhelming urge to eradicate malaria and give billions of dollars to charities.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm

wtfluff wrote:
I got "the chills" ~15 hours after the shot - nothing like cold sweats or anything, just "chilly/feverish" enough to know that my immune system is busy making those sweet, sweet antibodies and t-cells.
My daughter reported the exact same response to her second shot. The first shot did not bother her.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

IT_Veteran

Post by IT_Veteran » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Had my first Moderna shot at 7AM this morning. Bit of a headache this afternoon, but nothing a little scotch hasn’t fixed this evening.

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:09 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm
wtfluff wrote:
I have an overwhelming urge to eradicate malaria and give billions of dollars to charities.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No good deed goes unpunished..... :D Wndr.

alas

Post by alas » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:33 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm
wtfluff wrote:
My daughter reported the exact same response to her second shot. The first shot did not bother her.
Yup, having symptoms after second shot. Had the shot this morning and by afternoon my arm feels like it got hit by a baseball bat and by evening, I feel achy all over and I just picked up the comforter because suddenly I am cold, so probably a bit of a temp.

Saw River Morgan at the shot clinic, but didn’t get a chance to talk.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:53 pm

I got my first Moderna shot yesterday - my shoulder area has been stiff for about 36 hours but nothing to complain about.

Just glad to finally get an appt here and get the ball rolling!

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:52 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:53 pm
I got my first Moderna shot yesterday - my shoulder area has been stiff for about 36 hours but nothing to complain about.

Do you suddenly feel the urge to build a multi-million dollar luxury cavern in the hillside of Bainbridge Island or turn over in your sleep and say, "Melinda, I dreamt I was turning into Jfro 18 once again?"
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:38 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:52 pm
jfro18 wrote:

Do you suddenly feel the urge to build a multi-million dollar luxury cavern in the hillside of Bainbridge Island or turn over in your sleep and say, "Melinda, I dreamt I was turning into Jfro 18 once again?"
I woke up in the middle of the night and switched my default browser to Microsoft Edge and have no memory of doing so.

alas

Post by alas » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 am

jfro18 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:38 am
moksha wrote:
jfro18 wrote:

I woke up in the middle of the night and switched my default browser to Microsoft Edge and have no memory of doing so.
Y’all ever worry that we have a conspiracy believer reading here and what you say could go viral on parler? Just asking.

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 am

alas wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 am
jfro18 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:38 am
moksha wrote:

Y’all ever worry that we have a conspiracy believer reading here and what you say could go viral on parler? Just asking.
I, for one, would welcome such an event simply for the comedic value. :lol:
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

acmeist

Post by acmeist » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:24 am

My two oldest kids and I got our 2nd dose yesterday. Sore arm and tired, but very relieved to be vaccinated. Husband gets his 2nd dose today. Then we just have our 13 year old later this year. I am grateful that we can be vaccinated. I hope the countries really struggling with Covid-19 can get doses and medication very soon.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:02 am

Got my 2nd dose yesterday as well. On on hand, I don't have a fever after this one and it is a relief to be done with this. However, my arm pain is worse than the 1st round, I've got bad body aches, and I just feel completely drained of energy.

I am hoping that like the 1st dose, this all wraps up within 36-48 hours and then I am done.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:23 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:02 am
Got my 2nd dose yesterday as well. On on hand, I don't have a fever after this one and it is a relief to be done with this. However, my arm pain is worse than the 1st round, I've got bad body aches, and I just feel completely drained of energy.

I am hoping that like the 1st dose, this all wraps up within 36-48 hours and then I am done.
My 2nd dose Moderna side-effects were pretty much over after aboot 36 hours...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 pm

alas wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 am
I deal with this nonsense on Twitter every day - they have plenty of material to source from and parler is like an alternate universe even from Twitter.

My childhood music private lesson teacher posts stuff that is just incredible - yesterday they posted that the CDC admitted there were over 3,000 mystery deaths due to the COVID vaccine... it makes me lose hope in humanity every time.