What are you doing to protect your family against the virus?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Just This Guy

Re: What are you doing to protect your family against the virus?

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:47 pm

Got a mystery call on my way home from work. Turns out it was the local Health Department calling to let me know they had an opening. So I am slated for shot #1 Thursday afternoon. Didn't think think I was that high on the priority list, but I must be wrong, or they are having a lot of trouble with people not being able to be contacted for scheduling and and are moving down the list.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:43 pm

Mrs. Hagoth and I got our first shot last week. Whew.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:58 pm

My father has had both shots at this point. It's been a non-issue for him.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:28 pm

3 of the 5 of us in my household are fully vaccinated. Too rural for my older teem to get Pfizer until we can travel for her to get it. Youngest is too young.

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:12 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 pm
From the state department:
https://2017-2021.state.gov/fact-sheet- ... -virology/

NBI can eat sh$t.
Nice.

Not sure this statement from the link is super definitive on the subject: "As the world continues to battle this pandemic – and as WHO investigators begin their work, after more than a year of delays – the virus’s origin remains uncertain. The United States will continue to do everything it can to support a credible and thorough investigation, including by continuing to demand transparency on the part of Chinese authorities."

So I don't believe I will be eating what you suggest, thank you very much.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Linked

Post by Linked » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Got my vaccination appointment setup online for a couple weeks from now in Salt Lake County today.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Tough time in the land of QAnon imaginings.

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Bill Gates' microchips aren't going to insert themselves, you know!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:27 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Got my first dose last weekend. It was exactly like that.

Nah, it was just a 40-minute wait, a nice chat with a nurse, a jab that hurt a lot less than the ones I got as a kid (I've heard it's because they have sharper needles that retract quickly), a day of aches, and a night of cold sweats.

There was that one hog-tied malcontent in the corner, I think. The vaccine must be making me forget things...
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:48 am

Reuben wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:27 am
The vaccine must be making me forget things...
Can you feel the nanobots seeking to make contact with Bill Gates?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:56 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 pm

The six pointed stars with "ZION" shoulder patches are a nice anti-sematic touch.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:14 am

Oh no!!
look what happened to my friend who got the vaccine.
sideeffects.png
sideeffects.png (181.54 KiB) Viewed 4959 times

:lol: :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Newme

Post by Newme » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:18 am

“No large trials of any mRNA vaccine have been completed yet. The only evidence on safety of mRNA vaccines comes from small phase I and phase II trials of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines, with follow-up typically less than two months.”
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/cep/COVID/mRN ... 0final.pdf

SARS vaccine linked to liver damage in ferret study
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspec ... rret-study

Dr. Lee Merritt: In Animal Studies, After Being Injected With mRNA Technology, All Animals Died Upon Reinfection... but they didn’t die of the “vaccine”. What they died from what used to be called “immune enhancement” and now they call it “antibody dependent enhancement” (ADE). Dr. Lee Merritt explains that mRNA technology is not a vaccine, mirroring what Dr. David Martin also stated recently.
https://truth11.com/2021/01/29/dr-lee-m ... infection/

Video of Dr. Merritt explaining animal studies concerns:
http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Vid ... fter-being

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:31 pm

There are legitimate concerns and unanswered questions about the long-term effects of the vaccines, which is why they only have an emergency use authorization and not proper approval from the FDA.

The third and fourth websites cited are altogether risible: ignoble swamps of conspiracy theories — the third publishing David "Interdimensional Lizard People" Icke and the fourth publishing Dinesh "Hitler Was a Leftist" D'souza.

I'm going to get my first dose of the vaccine some time this week.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Stig

Post by Stig » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Had my first dose on Friday of last week.

I currently have an almost uncontrollable urge to buy everything Microsoft makes. ;)
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:39 pm

DW and I got our first dose as soon as Phase 4 opened up last week. Ate a large 5 Guys burger afterward. Side effects have been a sore arm and mild stomach upset.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:27 pm

Getting my second dose tomorrow. So far Bill Gates has made me care about climate change and people in poor countries.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 pm

Utah currently has 13.6% of the population fully vaccinated. The rest of the United States is at 18.7%. I imagine the disparity lies in Utah's unique religious/political makeup.

Worldwide, 1.8% of the population has been fully vaccinated.
-- Moksha

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:28 am

My husband and I are now fully vaccinated, each with two doses of Moderna vaccine. Only side effects were a slightly sore arm for about 12 hrs and a little fatigue. We were fine within 24 hours -- and we're senior citizens.
We're in California, which has now administered 20 million doses of vaccine and has the lowest positivity rate for new Covid cases in the nation at this moment. We're grateful to see the number of Covid cases dropping nationwide, and we support everyone getting vaccinated as soon as it is possible to make an appointment. 8-) - Wndr.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:36 am

From today's New York Times:
White Evangelical Resistance Is Obstacle in Vaccination Effort
Millions of white evangelical adults in the U.S. do not intend to get vaccinated against Covid-19. Tenets of faith and mistrust of science play a role; so does politics.
Stephanie Nana, an evangelical Christian in Edmond, Okla., refused to get a Covid-19 vaccine because she believed it contained “aborted cell tissue.”

Nathan French, who leads a nondenominational ministry in Tacoma, Wash., said he received a divine message that God was the ultimate healer and deliverer: “The vaccine is not the savior.”

Lauri Armstrong, a Bible-believing nutritionist outside of Dallas, said she did not need the vaccine because God designed the body to heal itself, if given the right nutrients. More than that, she said, “It would be God’s will if I am here or if I am not here.”

The deeply held spiritual convictions or counterfactual arguments may vary. But across white evangelical America, reasons not to get vaccinated have spread as quickly as the virus that public health officials are hoping to overcome through herd immunity.