Korea missionaries coming home.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
oliblish

Korea missionaries coming home.

Post by oliblish » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:36 pm

I just heard from a mother of a missionary in South Korea that her son is coming home tomorrow. All of the missionaries are being sent home. He is supposed to self quarantine at home for 14 days after he arrives.

They don’t know if he will be reassigned to another mission or if his mission is over.

Has anyone else heard anything?
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

Corsair

Re: Korea missionaries coming home.

Post by Corsair » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:00 am

I heard rumors, but nothing firm. It's a good, common sense policy, particularly from a church that is headed by a medical doctor that speaks Chinese.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 am

Japan missionaries have been self quarantined inside their apartments for two weeks now according to a mother of a missionary in our ward.
Last edited by Red Ryder on Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:45 am

Hmm...

Aren't there missionaries in a LOT of other countries that are dealing with this that "should" be sent home?

Let's see... Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Japan... All of those are pretty high on the "list" at at the moment. Does the Corp. have sales-kids in Iran?

I'm selfishly glad that my kids aren't "out there" trying to sell fake LD$-Inc. product.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:30 pm

I read a church news release that discussed all of this....or was it the Tribune?

Anyway, yeah, they're bringing a bunch of them home from different countries. If they're close to the end of their missions they'll be released. If they have quite a bit of time left they're going to try to reassign them.

Read it early this week or late last week I think.

www.deseret.com/faith/2020/2/4/21123561 ... mormon-lds
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 am

Why wouldn't God protect his servants and leave them out there? Just like the 2000 stripling warriors, or those who weren't burned up when cast into fire? Is that too much like asking for a sign? Even though THIS church has direct communication with Jesus himself, let's be like all the other religions of the world. Nothing special. Nothing to see.

slk

Post by slk » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:46 am

This could be a blessing in disguise for those that were struggling to stay out. On the other hand, if you're a greenie (and you're not the chosen one) you could just start freaking out like everyone back home and tell them you're getting on a plane. I think everyone back home would be ok with it.

Random

Post by Random » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:03 pm

oliblish wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:36 pm
I just heard from a mother of a missionary in South Korea that her son is coming home tomorrow. All of the missionaries are being sent home. He is supposed to self quarantine at home for 14 days after he arrives.

They don’t know if he will be reassigned to another mission or if his mission is over.

Has anyone else heard anything?
That's weird. If there's a chance he has the illness, why wouldn't they test his blood before he leaves South Korea, to be sure? And why isn't he being detained for two weeks before he comes to the United States? And he's coming home to infect his family? (I'm not worried about the virus, but with all the hype and fear, it seems weird that they would avoid the above protocol.)

Truth is, the only ones who need to be worried about this virus are those over 80 and those with health problems. And apparently kids under 9 have never gotten it.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Not sure this is all necessary as they all wear garments...
~2bizE

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:18 pm

2bizE wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:22 pm
Yeah, but not over their faces.

In the burn victim stories I heard, the parts covered by the garment were untouched. Obviously, then, the holy fabric strains out pathogens only when it covers the orifices.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Reuben wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:18 pm
2bizE wrote:

In the burn victim stories I heard, the parts covered by the garment were untouched. Obviously, then, the holy fabric strains out pathogens only when it covers the orifices.
So, a face mask made of garment material should prevent anyone from getting Coronavirus?
~2bizE

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:52 pm

2bizE wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 pm
Reuben wrote:
2bizE wrote:

So, a face mask made of garment material should prevent anyone from getting Coronavirus?
Only those it also prevents from getting Corona.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:12 am

Palerider wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:30 pm
Anyway, yeah, they're bringing a bunch of them home from different countries.
And if they are carriers who aren't yet symptomatic they're bringing all home to Utah. Maybe this is what is meant by the gathering of Zion?

New state slogan: Utah - petrie dish of the world.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:24 am

Random wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:03 pm
That's weird. If there's a chance he has the illness, why wouldn't they test his blood before he leaves South Korea, to be sure? And why isn't he being detained for two weeks before he comes to the United States? And he's coming home to infect his family? (I'm not worried about the virus, but with all the hype and fear, it seems weird that they would avoid the above protocol.)

Truth is, the only ones who need to be worried about this virus are those over 80 and those with health problems. And apparently kids under 9 have never gotten it.
If they get tested in the mission field, that would go against the Churches insurance. Whereas if they come home to get tested, then it would go against the parent's medical insurance to cover the testing. From what I have ready, testing for Coronacvirus isn't cheap and a lot of insurance providers are not covering the test. Why should they cover that cost themselves when they can dump it on someone else.

Same thing with quarantine. Unless ordered to by some national agency, the church isn't going to put up the cost to quarantine these guys if they don't absolutely have to.

While I find this whole thing vastly overblown, I would find it ironically funny if the global spread of a pandemic virus would be due to LDSinc being cheap.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:47 pm

So there doing the very thing to spread the virus. Get on a plane and fly to another country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:26 am

2bizE wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 pm
Reuben wrote:
2bizE wrote:

Yes especially mesh! :lol:

How about RMN asking members to wear garments on the outside of their clothes to create a natural level of social distancing.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:27 am

Yesterday, my niece flew to England via Amsterdam (from California) to enter the MTC. She’ll be spending her mission in England and Ireland.

SMDH 🙄

Random

Post by Random » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:24 am
If they get tested in the mission field, that would go against the Churches insurance. Whereas if they come home to get tested, then it would go against the parent's medical insurance to cover the testing. From what I have ready, testing for Coronacvirus isn't cheap and a lot of insurance providers are not covering the test. Why should they cover that cost themselves when they can dump it on someone else.

Same thing with quarantine. Unless ordered to by some national agency, the church isn't going to put up the cost to quarantine these guys if they don't absolutely have to.

While I find this whole thing vastly overblown, I would find it ironically funny if the global spread of a pandemic virus would be due to LDSinc being cheap.
:total_shock:

Can't dip into the billions for the health of the missionaries? (When I was on a mission, I had what turned out to be a minor health issue, but the test and all in regards to getting it was covered by the mission. But that was 40 years ago, and we had a kind mission pres couple.)

Let's say I believe the hype (I don't), it doesn't make sense that something so viral and dangerous is so cavalierly tossed to the side. No one willing to pay for testing, and the common person probably can't. If it was truly dangerous, the testing would be free.

It reminds me of when I was told how vital it was to get prenatal care and have a doctor for my next pregnancy after I had a c-section. It was even illegal to have the baby at home. But when I got pregnant and contacted the clinic, they informed me I was a new patient (yeah, right) and the doctor who had delivered my earlier baby was not accepting new patients. But if I could pay cash in advance for everything, they'd make an appointment for me [edit: with another doctor in the clinic] a few months down the road. It put the lie to the hype the medical profession gave me about the danger.
Last edited by Random on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm

1smartdodog wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:47 pm
So there doing the very thing to spread the virus. Get on a plane and fly to another country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. You might have the virus, but we're not going to make sure you're safe for others before we remove you.

PK