General Conference Numbers Continue To Shrink

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
AllieOop

General Conference Numbers Continue To Shrink

Post by AllieOop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 pm

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/3/19 ... dance-utah
The order limiting public gatherings in Utah to 10 people led Thursday to new adjustments to next month’s widely anticipated international general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Only the First Presidency, the speakers and those giving opening and closing prayers will attend each session of the April 4-5 conference, which will be moved to a small auditorium on Temple Square, according to a letter released by the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

Music for the conference has been pre-recorded, the letter stated.
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Palerider

Re: General Conference Numbers Continue To Shrink

Post by Palerider » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:43 pm

You know, I'm beginning to take this general conference smack down a little more seriously.

In a matter of months two "acts of God" have cut down R. M. Nelson's big whoopty-doo from a much ballyhooed celebratory event, not to be missed,...... to a small venue, recorded music, speakers only, pass me the potato chips, yawner.

I feel very certain there's a celestial message being directed to church leadership especially when one considers the symbolism of Moroni's cast down trumpet.

But will leadership recognize the message? I have my doubts. :|
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:34 am

Palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:43 pm
I feel very certain there's a celestial message being directed to church leadership especially when one considers the symbolism of Moroni's cast down trumpet.
Maybe God slapped it out of his mouth to keep Gabriel from getting infected when he shows up to use it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Random

Post by Random » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:43 pm

But will leadership recognize the message? I have my doubts. :|
I think there very well could be.

They won't recognize it. Too much seems to prove the man at the head a prophet (home church, "take your vitamins", this coming conference will be unforgettable [or whatever words they used]).
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

dareka

Post by dareka » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:06 pm

AllieOop wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 pm
https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/3/19 ... dance-utah
The order limiting public gatherings in Utah to 10 people led Thursday to new adjustments to next month’s widely anticipated international general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Only the First Presidency, the speakers and those giving opening and closing prayers will attend each session of the April 4-5 conference, which will be moved to a small auditorium on Temple Square, according to a letter released by the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

Music for the conference has been pre-recorded, the letter stated.
They might as well take the next logical step and just have everything be pre-recorded. They could just use tapes of any previous conference. The message stays pretty much the same from conference to conference.