Is today rainy enough?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
w2mz

Is today rainy enough?

Post by w2mz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:20 am

Not only is the entire world in turmoil, it’s actually RAINING here along the Wasatch front. Do you think this is a message from god, both literal and figurative, for Roger Clarke and Russell Nelson to open the $100B checkbook and HELP THE WORLD?!?
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Hagoth

Re: Is today rainy enough?

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:29 am

I pointed out on another thread that they will probably conclude that it's not a good idea to take sacred funds from sacred accounts when the market is down and when people are not paying tithing into it because they don't even have the money that they would give to tithing instead of feeding their children.

I think Moroni's trumpet fell because he did a huge jaw drop, seeing what's going on from his vantage point of the COB.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

w2mz

Post by w2mz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 am

If they sit on that pile of money and do nothing in this time of crisis to really help humanity, in my opinion, they are criminals.

The sheep may be brainwashed into thinking theses “Leaders” are prophets, seers, and revelators, but to me they are nothing short of a crime syndicate.

Especially if they use GC as a platform to reinforce their station with the church. Then they are just plain a$$holes.

Let’s see them put their vast resources where their mouth is. Isn’t one of the missions of the church to care for the poor and needy?
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 am

Have some compassion folks!

They’re not immune to the stock market either. 30% declines on $124B is A BOAT LOAD of money.

Of course church at home is offsetting their expenses. Then there’s a lot of remedial jobs at the COB that could get cut. They could lay off the garment sewers, send them all home, and defer to Nelson’s “adjustment” machine.

Or they could crank up the adjustment machine this coming GC, outline new garment requirements that include new types that cost members even more. Then adjust temple rituals to the very elect that can and will pay 25% tithing. They could sell new edition of gold plated scriptures for more money.

The church has options to squeeze the righteous!

Sorry it’s raining.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:32 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 am
Have some compassion folks!

They’re not immune to the stock market either. 30% declines on $124B is A BOAT LOAD of money.
Yup. Think of all the money they could have used for worthy causes that is now going down the drain instead. If they had any kind of, I dunno inspiration, to know that it would be lost anyway.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."