Church amidst the Crisis

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Emower

Church amidst the Crisis

Post by Emower » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 am

It's been a while since I posted, mainly because Everytime I visit the board and think I am going to participate in discussions, I realize that I just don't care. I have really been able to move on, and it's rare now for me to spend much time thinking about churchy stuff. Part of that is the fact that my family has come to terms with my loss of faith, and I have quit arguing with people about it. DW still attends, but we have worked through a lot of the issues and learned to respect each other's desires and beliefs.

Now all the church stuff has shifted home, my annoyance has ratcheted up. I find myself thinking about it a little more. The memes praising the prophet for his guidance, quoting scriptures pretty much saying "I told you so" and blaming the sins of the world, being so thankful for God's goodness, etc are all really cramping my Zen thing. Mother's trekking off to the neighbors house to get a worthy priesthood holder to give them some lifesaving bread because they can't get that themselves makes me mad. Saying the shift to home church was prophetic when it was really a focus grouped response to the desires of the younger crowd makes me annoyed. Friends disappearing in the name of social distancing.

Its all like a dissonant note piercing right through my calmness. I hope I can get it back again soon and go back to my pleasant illusion that the church has little influence in my life.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Re: Church amidst the Crisis

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 am

I hear ya. There is no escape so long as family continues to participate. In fact my kids are downstairs being heavily indoctrinated as we speak.